$50 Ranco 111000 Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it from this company, which most have heard of :D, for $58.

Amazon.com: RANCO ETC-111000 Digital Cold Temperature Control NEW: Home Improvement

But actually, Climate Doctors is a reseller for Amazon. I bought it through Amazon (from Climate Doctors) b/c I was worried about Climate Doctors but if I did it again, I'd buy direct to save $10. They're legit.

EDIT: I just noticed the ETC-211000 is $95. If I was doing it again, I'd get that one because I ferment in the garage and sometimes need to heat AND cool for at least a few months in the spring and fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from Climate Doctors. Good service from them. Remember it's not wired, you need to hack up an extension cord and do the wiring yourself. I just looked at More Beer and they get $99 for a wired Ranco and $65 unwired.

I've ordered through climate doctors 2x. Both arrived quickly with reasonable shipping rates.

These can be had pretty reasonably on ePay. I just bought one for ~$55 (Ranco Electronic Temperature Controller ETC-111000 New - eBay (item 270278977737 end time Oct-22-08 20:27:26 PDT)) for my upcoming Keezer build. I considered Climate Doctors (they're on ePay, too) but they were a little more expensive than this place and both had very good feedback scores.

I also bought a 141000 (NEMA 4 enclosure) for the ultra reasonable price of $48 awhile back. The way I see it, there's absolutely no reason to buy one of these from a "real" store.

I bought mine from some random Joe on eBay. $54 shipped. Got my extension cord cheap at the local hardware store. Total cost $60, now I just need to sit down and get it done!

Latest posts

Back