New Label. (input please)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel-Reserve

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first label for my first homebrew. I used photoshop and a quote from one of the users that i saw on the forums... lemme know what u think. Thanks to MVKTR2 for the idea.

PatriotAleLabel.jpg

I'd suggest making the 'Patriot Ale' font a lot larger, and maybe lighten the gray - the ball player kind of fades into the background. Good start, though!

Maybe instead of a bunch of flags, one flag in the background flying high would be nice.

+1 on reducing the opacity of the background.

Good job! I like the quote at the bottom!

I would also make the area "inside" the player just the background color without the flags. Other than lightening up the bg, it looks nice.

+1 on getting rid of the flags I would think one large flag would look much nicer and keep it out of the side bars.

My two cents is that I feel it lacks cohesiveness. It looks like a lot separate elements instead of a unified design. Even the words Patriot and Ale don't look like they are together. I don't think the flags necessarily need to go but maybe they need to be rethought or muted down a bit or maybe instead of lots of little flags maybe a large waving flag as a back drop. I don't know exactly but I feel like it needs to be brought together in some way.

I think "teach a man to brew" instead of "teach a man to make beer" sounds better. The "make beer" part makes it a bit too wordy IMHO.

I would take the "Patriot" off and insert "Packer". Then take of the football player and insert another football player. Then I would take THAT football player off and change it to another one. Then maybe take the "Packer" off and change it to "Buccaneer" .

No - maybe I would just leave it the way it is!

Back