CO2 Tank Outside of Frig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borntobrew

Reaction score
I am a soon to be kegger having just made a craigslist score which came with a 20# CO2 tank. It's best if the tank stays outside my frig but I would like a very air-tight method of getting the gas line into the frig. I searched but couldn't find any parts for this. Anybody have ideas? Thanks

Have a look in the engine bay of your car and check out the grommets (you guys might call them something different over there) that plug the holes in the firewall for cables and such going through. Maybe you could use something like that? Wouldn't be air tight but could work well enough.

EDIT: for the price of the bulkhead below ignore what I said haha.

Here's a link to AHB that should take care of what you need:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_131_574&products_id=10234

if you google for "bulkhead mfl" you should find some places that have it a bit cheaper and also different sizes.

I'm getting ready to move my tank outside my fridge, but I'd like to get a secondary regulator to mount inside to give me 2 different pressures inside. I've already got a secondary regulator on my tank but I don't want to drill two holes.

I believe it was BobbyM that says that he uses a compressed air disconnect. This way you can easily detach your tank for filling.

i would highly recommend against compressed air disconnects. the vast majority of them that you buy at the local hardware store do not seal completely. good enough for a nail gun, but since the compressor kicks on whenever pressure gets too low, it doesn't even really need a 100% seal.

what I have seen, and what I would like to do in the future, is use the bulkhead (which I have), and I believe northernbrewer has a 1/4'' mfl to corny post threads, get the right gas post, and then you can use a ball lock disconnect. i've seen this done on some other homebrewer's kegerators. right now i just have the 1/4'' mfl bulkhead and the fittings attached.

Back