1-Gallon Brewers UNITE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I shouldn't shop for me...... and I should keep in mind that he is just starting out :)

great point, agreed!

I never saw this, I don't think I have notifications on :-/. I just saw the new one they have as well. I gave up on trying small batches and stuck with my 5, however my neighbor is now wanting to get into small batch beer and kambucha. So 1 gallon keg fermenters are the way to go? Any benefit to being able to dump yeast etc and condition in it? Or with that small of a batch maybe that part doesn't matter...
Die someone just starting out. 1.5 gal bucket with a airlock is going to be the best way to start. Or using glass gallon fermenters for beer. Kombucha is not something you want in a carboy. The mother gets hard to take out. One of those glass dispensers with a tap and a big screw on lid quite well

The 2gal food safe buckets from Home Depot and Lowe’s work well for 1 to 1.5gal batches of beer. They are also available from northern brewer and Midwest supply with a grommet.

Save your money. Go to a bakery or the bakery dept in a grocery store and you can get cake icing buckets (2,3,5 gallon) for free. Most of the time, they are throwing away their empties. Some of the nicer bakers will even rinse the buckets out for you.

Back