Looking for a good Garlic Wine Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlescales

Reaction score
This started as a joke between my and the SO, I was teasing him for his dislike of blueberries, blackberries, and cherries and his defense was our shared love of garlic and onions... I'd like to make a batch to cook with, and am looking for a good recipe. I found a few threads with ingredients for batches in progress, but does any one have a tried and true recipe that they don't mind sharing? If bottled like any other wine, any ideas on what sort of shelf life does this have, and how long will it last after opening (if refridgerated) I am hoping to have a fairly long shelf life on this stuff, I expect even a gallon batch would take awhile to use up. Hmmm, maybe I will bottle it in 375mL bottles.

Jack has a good one I've tryed but it's mostly for cooking
Here

I've had not last 6 months cause I used it all. It add a punch to what ever your cooking

Wheeeeee! Thanks guys, gonna get started on this one soon :) Oh and Yooper, do me a favor and smile at the Big Lake for me, I miss home something fierce.

Oh hey, is that recipe for a gallon? I didn't find mention of quantity. Edit- whoops, never mind. Sleep deprived and slow today, hahaha. Found it :)

Sorry to be so spammy, I found another question about that recipe. It says to use screw caps, is there any reason why not to use corks for this stuff?

Sorry to be so spammy, I found another question about that recipe. It says to use screw caps, is there any reason why not to use corks for this stuff?

No, I'd bottle in 375 ml bottles (using #8 corks) and cork them. Maybe he says screw tops, assuming they'd be opened and reclosed for cooking?

Back