Results from the 2011 Los Angeles County Fair Homebrewing Competition:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed Amy Pond – Cirelli, one of the two contacts listed for the homebrew competition, with our queries. I'll post her response if/when I get one.

Her (prompt) response:

HI,

The beer results will go up on the web within the week and in the beginning of September we will mail out all of the ribbons and the judges sheets.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks for the update, bigbeergeek! I guess I just need to be patient... which is not one of my strong points. LOL

Am I reading the results incorrectly? A couple styles had one entry each and they both placed second in their category? Also, it looks like there was a style with 5 entries but nobody placed?

Yeah... looked like some harsh judging on a few categories.

My Porter took a gold, though! First gold medal for me ever. :D

Am I reading the results incorrectly? A couple styles had one entry each and they both placed second in their category? Also, it looks like there was a style with 5 entries but nobody placed?

You have to attain a given number of points to place.

Yeah... looked like some harsh judging on a few categories.

My Porter took a gold, though! First gold medal for me ever. :D

Congrats! I landed my first gold for my Imperial Red... feels good! Way better than the bronze I picked up at Mayfaire last year, yuk yuk!

Back