Recipe suggestions with leftovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo after a 400 mile move, I've finally settled to where it's time to start a new batch. I intended to do a clone of Stone's Cali-Belgique IPA, but since circumstances (and $) didn't allow for it, I'm stuck with the following:

3 oz. Chinook
2 oz. Amarillo
2 oz. Simcoe
White Labs Cali-Ale yeast (001)

All are about 6-7 months old, but kept refrigerated, and the hops are all in vacuum-sealed bags, so I'm not incredibly worried about "freshness" at the moment. Since the new homebrew store is just a few blocks away from my new place (woo-hoo!), any suggestions what I should peruse recipe-wise?

American IPA! Bitter with Chinook. Flavor, aroma, and dry hop with the other two - maybe a half each at 15 and 0 then an ounce of each dry for a week. I'd personally go about 1.065 with 75 IBU.

Yeah, I agree with ksbrain. No better way to get rid of large quantities of hops than make an IPA. You could also try making a Dark IPA/Cascadian Ale. That's one style I'd like to brew.

Latest posts

Back