How long does a WING CAPPER last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justflow1983

Reaction score
I'm just curious how long wing cappers go for. I'd hate to have a handle snap off halfway through bottling a batch of beers. I was getting some bad seals on my last batch and I don't know if it was the capper or the smaller than usual bottles.

I still have the same one that came with my starter kit...let's just say that was several years ago at the least. ;)

Ive had mine 4 or 5 years. Capped hundreds if not thousands of beers with it. It doesnt seem any worse for wear than when i first got it.

Couldn't tell you. I wish mine would break so it would push me to keg. I've bottled at least 75 cases with mine and it's going strong. I have the red one, not sure of the brand.

Mine are 15 years old...snapping a handle is just using too much muscle.

If you're having a problem with caps not sealing check the metal plates that surround the bottle neck. If they have another set of arcs cut out in them they are reversable. These are for different size bottle necks.

The red one I had blew up in the middle of the 3rd or 4th case.

Quickly borrowed a bench capper from a friend - bought a bench capper - still not sure I trust that red plastic.

I'd really like to have something substantial . . .

-Steve

I noticed I have a tough time getting a good seal on some 18 oz bottles (the Samuel Smith bottles) I have with my wing capper. The 12 and 22 are just fine, but those 18s have a really heavy lip area and it can be tough getting the cap to seal just right if you're not careful.

Mine are 15 years old...snapping a handle is just using too much muscle.

If you're having a problem with caps not sealing check the metal plates that surround the bottle neck. If they have another set of arcs cut out in them they are reversable. These are for different size bottle necks.

Nice, I never thought of that.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Back