DC Metro Area Group Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebrewer

Invented the IPL
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
AS buy #2 filled up quickly tonight, I am starting this thread to record your requests for the next group buy. Please feel free to request anything from the price list. If you do not have the list and want it, please let me know and I will PM you a link to download the latest prices. Again, we only have a limited selection, so if you want something not on the list let me know and I will try to get it added to the list. Cheers! :mug:

It's been awhile since I've went through the group buy, can I get the price list and find out where the new pickup location is please.

price list please. I live about 20 minutes from Jay's in Manassas. Is there any way to have my (2) bags delivered/picked up there? Driving up to the heart of MD is a bit of a hassle.

Hi - a friend shared the latest price list with me. I'd like to order 1 bag of Rahr Pale 2 Row and 1 bag of Crisp Maris Otter. Thanks, Ed

Sheldon: sorry but the grain is delivered directly to me in Rockville.

ewrzesinski: congrats on being the first order on group buy #3. Welcome to the group!

AS buy #2 filled up quickly tonight, I am starting this thread to record your requests for the next group buy. Please feel free to request anything from the price list. If you do not have the list and want it, please let me know and I will PM you a link to download the latest prices. Again, we only have a limited selection, so if you want something not on the list let me know and I will try to get it added to the list. Cheers! :mug:

How does one "play" and where does one get a Price List.

PM's sent to all who have requested list.

DPBISME: I sent you the list. If you want something, you post here. If you want to pick up a posted split (none yet in this buy), post here. If you want to start a split, post here and see if someone picks up the rest. When we hit 40 sacks, the buy closes, I put in the order, it ships about a week or so later. You PayPal me or bring cash. Pickup is in Rockville. PM if you have questions.

You told me earlier this week that I was the first order of Buy #3. Any idea how long before the order is placed? Thx

You told me earlier this week that I was the first order of Buy #3. Any idea how long before the order is placed? Thx

You are correct, you are the only order on the list so far. I have no control over when the order gets placed so I can't tell you when it will happen. The first one took about 4 weeks, the second one took a little less time, about 3 weeks to fill. It then takes a week or two after I place the order for the grain to arrive at my door. Pickup is the weekend after it arrives. So I would GUESS it will be 5-6 weeks before this one fills and is delivered, but it all depends on demand. There have been a lot of new people requesting the price list, so it may pick up pretty soon.

Cheers!

b000111: stonebrewer is traveling at the moment, fyi. might take a moment for him to reply (not sure what his email access is like).

sfrisby: nope, not through NCM. working directly with a LHBS.

I am back! Sorry for the delays in contacting or replying to people. I was really tied up for the last 2.5 weeks. I should be able to get back to everyone by the weekend. Just got off a 10 hour flight, so I am less than coherent. Expect a PM by the weekend and if you don't get one, PM or post to remind me.

Cheers!

Depending on how much space you have, I'd be interested in up to 5 bags:
-3x Rahr 2-row
-1x Crisp Maris Otter
-1x Weyermann Floor Malted Bohemian Pilsner

We are at about 12 sacks now. The other one just shipped so I suspect this one will heat up over the next week or so, so if you are sitting on the fence now would be a good time to start posting what you want.

I still have a lot of my grains left but I hope that I can jump on the next group buy. Or this one, depending how long it takes.

@stonebrewer: Are you planning on doing this regularly?

funnycreature: I will try to do this on a regular basis. It does take a lot more time than you would imagine, and SWMBO isn't happy when the trucker blocks the driveway and won't let her out to pick up the kid from school (like he did today!), so that may end this prematurely...It's also not a lot of fun to haul 40 sacks up my driveway in the rain like I just did. If I decide it is too much hassle, I will at least try to offer up a last buy for everyone. For now, the plan is to keep them rolling. One fills, the next one starts.

@ Masonjax does the include our bag of C60 to split? I haven't talked to Tony yet to see if he put a bag on this one to replace the last bag that was shorted.

Stonebrewer

Thanks got the list but still don't know where the pickup spot is. Any chance I could get that so I know if this is within my driving area. Thanks again!!!

Back