DC Metro area group buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebrewer

Invented the IPL
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With the first buy filled up, I am starting this thread to start recording requests for the next go around. Priority will go to anyone on the last buy that did not make it. Will post details on that once I get the sheet finished tomorrow.

I'd like 4 bags of Briess Organic 2-row, if you're still up for meeting me at Blue Mountain with them.

bobberdc: using Jay's price list. I am going to update it in a day or two and I have asked for Vienna prices as well as no one has ordered it yet. I am probably going to get a sack or split one with someone myself on the next go around as I want to do a Vienna Lager soon.

winterc: Sure thing, though I have to check with Jay on the Organic. Does it have to be Briess, as he can only get a limited selection of that maltster? I was just there Saturday for some local sausage pizza, a kolsch 151, and a couple of their artisanal ales. Good stuff!

Stonebrewer, is there any way to get any crystal malts on that list?

If there's still room to get in on this buy, I need 1 sack each of Pilsen, 2-row, and Munich. Rahr or Canada Malting if available.

winterc: Sure thing, though I have to check with Jay on the Organic. Does it have to be Briess, as he can only get a limited selection of that maltster? I was just there Saturday for some local sausage pizza, a kolsch 151, and a couple of their artisanal ales. Good stuff!

Just interested in organic 2-row, I'm not so concerned with maltster unless it's super high priced (over $70/50lbs)

If there's still room to get in on this buy, I need 1 sack each of Pilsen, 2-row, and Munich. Rahr or Canada Malting if available.

There is room as this one really just kicked off. Rahr is available for the pils and 2-row. Munich is Weyermann, and you can choose between light and dark. Not sure the Lovibond rating on the two, though someone posted a guess in the other thread.

Just interested in organic 2-row, I'm not so concerned with maltster unless it's super high priced (over $70/50lbs)

I will check to see if he can get organic or not and get back to you as soon as I hear.

There is room as this one really just kicked off. Rahr is available for the pils and 2-row. Munich is Weyermann, and you can choose between light and dark. Not sure the Lovibond rating on the two, though someone posted a guess in the other thread.

I'll take 1 sack each of Rahr 2-row, Rahr Pilsen, and Weyermann Dark Munich.

We are at 15 sacks for this group buy.

If you have the price list email, edit the link I sent you and replace the name at the end with Price%20List.xlsx and download the new spreadsheet. It has more items to choose from including DME, vienna, carapils, crystal, etc. and has the prices with tax as well as the sack weights (some are 50, others are 55).

As usual, let me know if you have problems with my dropbox.

Tony

1 Weyermann Vienna Malt
1 Rahr 2 Row Brewer's

I am interested in splitting the Vienna malt 50%!

I'll take:

1 X Flaked Barley
1 X Briess Pils DME
1 X Briess Wheat DME

Thanks!

climateboy: what crystal are you interested in? I have 20 lbs (or any subset thereof) of C150 that I am willing to let go for 1.50 a lb. I way over ordered this a few weeks ago. If you want to split some other crystal, let me know which and I may snag some. I have 25 lbs of C60 so I don't think I need any of that, but I may be in for other than 60/150.

1I am interested in splitting the Vienna malt 50%!

Since nobody was interested in splitting a bag of Vienna, would anybody be interested in trading half a bag of Weyermann Light Munich for Vienna?

Can you please pm me the price list? I am interested in group buys but nor sure if I am too far away. I live in Martinsburg, WV. Where would pickup be for this? Thanks for the info.

I am still unclear as to where the pickup will be for this when the order is made. I ask because if it's going to cost me the savings in gas to drive over and pick it up, I may back out.

How many sacks are we up to on buy #2?

15 not counting what I am going to buy (2 sacks or so). We need 40 to get the order placed...these are the items we can currently get:

Maltster Grain
Rahr 2 Row Brewers Malt
Rahr 2 Row Pale Malt
Rahr 6 Row
Rahr Red Wheat
Rahr White Wheat
Rahr Premium Pils

Weyermann Bohemian Pils
Weyermann Floor Malted Bohemian Pils
Weyermann Light Munich
Weyermann Dark Munich
Weyermann Pilsner
Weyermann Beech Wood Smoked
Weyermann Roasted Barley
Weyermann Vienna

Crisp Maris Otter

Briess Pils DME
Briess Golden Light DME
Briess Wheat DME
Briess Dark DME
Briess Amber DME
Briess C10
Briess C20
Briess C60
Briess Carapils

Grain Miller Flaked Barley
Grain Miller Flaked Wheat

climateboy: what crystal are you interested in? I have 20 lbs (or any subset thereof) of C150 that I am willing to let go for 1.50 a lb. I way over ordered this a few weeks ago. If you want to split some other crystal, let me know which and I may snag some. I have 25 lbs of C60 so I don't think I need any of that, but I may be in for other than 60/150.

Hey, sorry, I haven't checked in here for a bit. I'd like as many levels of crystal as I can get my hands on--doing a lot experimenting for bitters and pale ales.

I'm in for a bag of each of the below
Weyermann Light Munich
Weyermann Dark Munich
Rahr Premium Pils
Rahr 2 row Pale

We are now at 22 sacks, a little over halfway to 40. This does not include climateboy as I need some info from our vendor to see what he can do as far as types of crystal. How many sacks are you willing to take climateboy? I am guessing he can get C10,C20,C40,C60 at a minimum...you may find people willing to split too, including me.

Back