KC Metro Area Group Buy#1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_B_Mongo

Reaction score
Okay KC area brewers, I'm considering putting together a group grain buy, but wanted to see how much interest there is.

This is for whole bags only, and we'd need at least 1000 lbs (roughly 45 bags) before it will be shipped. I've got access to a receiving dock, so that won't be a problem.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread with how many bags you'd be in for. If there's enough interest, I'll get in touch with you, or follow this thread for ordering directions.

Happy Brewing!

Price Sheets:
MO Malt 2011 Price Sheet#1.jpg
MO Malt 2011 Price Sheet#2.jpg

I'm interested in four sacks of two-row. Scratch that, I will most likely order four sacks of something, but not sure what I will order, yet.

Crap I hope I didn't miss this!

I would be interested in roughly 4-5 bags. Is this through Midwest Malt Supply? If so, do you have a place for them to deliver to, or will someone have to pickup in Fenton, MO?

c0bra, you're still good. Haven't gotten the response that I was hoping for.
Yes, this is through Midwest Malt Supply, and yes, I do have a place for them to deliver to.

Please spread the word to any brewers you know that may not be on this forum.

Any updates on this? My friends and I are in for 11 sacks. How many do we have and how many are we short?

Sorry all. I've been lacking on communicating. I'll crunch the numbers tomorrow, and give everybody an idea as to where we are numbers wise.

Ok, looks like we're at roughly 35 bags...ALMOST THERE!! Here's what I need. Since I'm no longer a premium member, can everybody who is interested please send me an e-mail with a hard number. I can't really figure everything out when people say they'll take 2 or 3 bags. Once I get everybody's e-mails, I'll send out a mass e-mail and people who are wanting to split 1/2 bags of specialty malt can get together and get it all figured out. Please title your e-mail GRAIN ORDER

You can e-mail me at: kc-handyman at hotmail dot com
obviously you need to enter it correctly, but hoping to cut down on the spam if I type it this way.

Just tallied up the e-mails. So far we're sitting at 32 bags. Almost there. This does not include any half bags that people may want to split. Also if you replied "I'll take 2 or 3 bags" I only counted 2. I'll send out a mass e-mail later, that way everybody can work out splitting some specialty grains.

Keep 'em coming!

I bet with the half bags we can get there. Only problem I would see is holidays coming up and people getting strapped for cash. Send out an email with half bag request and we will see if we can solve the issue. I would imagine several people may request the same type of half bags.

If any of you guys are still interested in purchasing full sacks, I believe Jeremy at Apex Brew Wares out of Independence is ordering sacks for his business. PM him and let him know what you are after. He might be able to hook you up with some bulk grains.

Alright guys. I got clarification on the rules and it is ok for me to post and offer a group buy. So.....Its back on. I need about 15 bags to finish up this pallet and as far as I am concerned we can start filling the next pallet after that. I will get an exact count later this evening on what is still available. I am going to cut and paste a word doc to show available grains and pricing. These prices have shipping included to me. You will need to pick up from me and either pay me online via my website or cash at time of pick up.

Here is pricing and availability. As always when we are full I will order and then if you missed it lets start a group buy #2. Pm me, post here, or email me your order.
Thanks!

Since 1876, Briess Malt & Ingredients Company has been supplying the brewing community with the highest quality malts in the industry. And for the past four decades they've
distinguished themselves by developing the most extensive line of specialty malts produced by any malting company in the world.
Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 50 pound bags.

5303 Pilsen Malt $45.00

5298 2‐Row Brewers Malt $42.00

5305 Organic 2‐Row Brewers Malt $57.50

5294 6‐Row Brewers Malt $41.00

5301 Pale Ale Malt $45.00

5311 Organic Pale Ale Malt $59.00

5317 Wheat Malt, White $43.00

5323 Wheat, Red $43.00

Item ID High Temp Kilned Malts Item ID

5353 Vienna Malt $46.00

5355 Ashburne® Mild Malt $47.50

5344 Bonlander® Munich Malt $47.50

5339 Organic Bonlander® Munich Malt $59.00

4346 Aromatic Malt $47.50

5337 Munich Malt 10L $46.00

5342 Munich Malt 20L $46.00

Item ID Caramel Malts
5300 All caramel/Crystal malts 10-120L $51.00

5408 Caramel Vienne 20L $52.00

5413 Caramel Munich 60L$52.00

® Malts Item ID

5347 Carapils® Malt $52.00

Item ID Specialty Malts Item ID

5351 Victory® Malt $53.00

5398 Special Roast Malt $53.00

5332 Rye Malt $56.00

5400 Chocolate Malt $53.00

5390 Black Patent Malt $53.50

5393 Roasted Barley $53.00

5396 Black Barley $53.00

Founded in 1934, Great Western Malting is the oldest malting company in the western United States, operating malt plants in Vancouver, Washington and Pocatello, Idaho.
With the capability to load railcars, trucks, bulk vessels and containers, Great Western Malting supplies brewers, distillers and food processors in the United States, Canada,
Asia and South America with the highest quality malts. 50 pound bags
GW-2ROW Premium 2 Row $44.50

GW-Pale $44.50

Established in 1902, Canada Malting Company is one of the oldest and most well established malting companies worldwide. As a leader in the malting industry, we service
the needs of a wide range of customers, from the largest multi‐national organizations to the smallest of craft brewers.
We understand that the best quality malt comes from the best quality barley. With this understanding, we are continually building relationships with our local growers.
Additionally, we own and operateour own grain elevators in key barley producing areas, allowing us to get even closer to our farmers and the best quality barley.55 pound bags
CM-SPIL Superior Pilsen $41.00

CM‐PALE Superior Pale Ale $41.00

CM‐2ROW Canadian 2‐Row $42.00

CM‐6ROW Canadian 6‐Row $42.00

CM‐WHET Wheat Malt $42.00

CM‐MUNH Munich Malt $42.00

CM‐RYEM Rye Malt $42.00

Gambrinus Malting Corporation has the distinction of being the smallest malting house in North America. The company produces about 6,200 US tons of malt each year.
The malthouse originally belonged to the Schlossquell Brewery of Heidelberg, Germany. In 1992 the malthouse was dismantled and shipped to Armstrong, BC, Canada
where it still resides today producing some of the finest Canadian 2‐Row malts available.
Typical Analysis Moisture Protein Extract CG Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 55 pound Bags
GB‐PILS Pilsen $53.25

GB‐PALE Pale Ale Malt $53.25

GB‐ESB ESB Pale $53.25

GB‐VIEN Vienna Malt $54.90

GB‐MUNH10 Munich Light (90) $54.90

GB‐MUNH30 Munich Dark (100)$54.90

GB‐HONY Honey Malt $55.45

Headquartered in Heidelberg, Best Malz malt houses are located in the best cultivation areas for growing brewer’s grade barley in Europe – Niedersachsen, Rheinhessen,
Rheinland‐Pfalz and Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany. Best uses only pure, top‐grade, two‐row spring f g, y y p , p g , p g barley which they personally choose from in their own growing
region. All of their barley and wheat is grown under controlled organic methods, based on the most modern agricultural regiment with the goal of fulfilling your
specific demands for quality.
Typical Analysis Moisture Protein Extract CG Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 55 pound bags
BZ‐HDBR Heidelberg Malt $48.00

BZ‐PILS Pilsen $48.00

BZ‐WHT Pale Wheat $48.00

BZ‐DWHT Dark Wheat $52.70

BZ‐VIEN Vienna $50.00

BZ‐MUNH Light Munich $50.00

BZ‐DMUN Dark Munich $51.00

BZ‐ARO Aromatic Malt $53.25
Malteries Franco‐Belges (MFB) is a division of the Soufflet Group, one of France’s leading grain companies. Their combined output of over one billion pounds of malt
annually makes them the largest maltster in France, ensuring brewers a consistently fresh supply of malt.
All of MFB’s base malts are made from highly modified premium two‐row French spring or winter barley and wheat. Caramelized and roasted malts are made from six‐row
barley or wheat carefully selected from the growing fields of France to ensure maximum aroma and taste.
Typical Analysis Moisture Protein Extract CG Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 55 pound Bags
FB‐PILS Pilsen $51.75

FB‐PALE Pale Ale $51.75

FB‐WHET Wheat$53.25

‐FB‐VIEN Vienna $52.50

FB‐SPAR Special Aromatic $52.50

FB‐SMUN Munich $52.50

FB‐DMUN Dark Munich $52.50

FB‐KAMB Kiln Amber $58.00

FB‐KCOF Kiln Coffee $58.00

FB‐BLCK Kiln Black $58.00

FB‐CHOC Chocolate$58.00

Established in 1823, Bairds Malt Ltd currently operates five malting sites across the UK. Their malt houses are located in the best malting barley growing regions in the
UK so as such, they have a policy of using only locally grown barley. As suppliers to many well known brewing and distilling companies, they take quite a bit of
pleasure from the fact that a great many people enjoying a drink indirectly appreciate our efforts in producing malt of the highest quality.
Typical Analysis Moisture Protein Extract CG Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 55 pound bags.

BD‐PILS Pilsen $49.00

‐MOPA Maris Otter $ $54.00

BD‐PALE Pale Ale$49.00

BD‐VIEN Vienna $49.00

BD‐MUNH Munich $49.00

BD‐LCRN Light Carastan Malt $53.00

BD‐CRSN Carastan Malt $53.00

BD‐CR75 Dark Crystal Malt $53.00

BD‐DCRL Extra Dark Crystal Malt$53.00

BD‐BLCK Black Malt $56.00

BD‐RSTB Roasted Barley $56.00

‐CHLT Chocolate Malt 56.00

The Fawcett family has been making malt in Castleford, West Yorkshire, England since the late 1780’s. The company continues today as one of the oldest family controlled
and managed business in the UK. Fawcett's prides itself on malting the finest Scottish barely varieties such as Golden Promise and traditional floor malted English
Maris Otter. Fawcett’s small batch Color, Crystal and Roasted specialty malts are produced from hand selected lots of premium UK barley and are second to none for
quality, consistency and selection.
Typical Analysis Moisture Protein Extract CG Usage Bagged Malt Prices – 55 pound bags

TF‐MOPA Maris Otter $57.00

TF‐GPRM Golden Promise $59.00

TF‐HALC Halcyon $56.50

TF‐OPTC Optic $56.50

TF‐PRL Pearl $56.00

TF‐LAGR Lager Malt $56.00

TF‐WHET Wheat Malt $57.50

TF‐AMBR Amber$60.00

TF‐CARM CaraMalt $60.00

TF‐BRWN Brown Malt $60.00

TF‐CHOC Chocolate Malt$60.00

TF‐PCHO Pale Chocolate Malt $60.00

TF‐BLK Black Malt $60.00

TF‐RSTB Roasted Barley $60.00

TF‐OATM Oat Malt $59.00

TF‐PEAT Peated Malt $70.00

TF‐RYEA Rye Malt $61.00

TF‐TWHT Torrefied Wheat $57.00

TF‐FLBR Flaked Barley $60.00

Alrighty guys and gals. We are 6 bags short on this first buy. I would like to order by this wednesday the 7th of december if we can get this going. Nows your chance to get those last minute orders in!

I'm headed to KC on Saturday, do you still have a bag left and would you do local pick up?

I do have a couple of 2 row. I am absolutely ok with local pickup. Ill pm you the address if youd like to stop by. Do you have a good idea of a time frame so I can make sure someone will be here?

Back