My "bling, bling" Mash Tuns....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Ones 3/8" and ones 1/2"....Felt the need to blow some cash today:) Even with the blichmann ball valves it was still cheaper than buying one from my HBS or online:) The 1/2" one sticks out a bit far cause i had to use a 1/2"x3/8" reducer to make it work.. Also looks like Blichmann changed there design a bit, the 3/8" I bought 2 months ago and finally the 1/2" came in today...Maybe thats why alot of there stuff is back ordered, there redesigning there stuff a bit..

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Very nice! Not critiquing... but why didn't you finish the holes in the other sections of PVC? Just wondering.

Very nice! Not critiquing... but why didn't you finish the holes in the other sections of PVC? Just wondering.

Because of Channeling or cross counter flow or whatever its called. Just kinda what ive been reading up on, not sure if it holds true or not..

Probably the second one is an HLT. This is typical in a system that has only one heating vessel/burner so that there's somewhere to hold temps during a long fly sparge.

You are correct, it will have to do untill I can at least get another blichmann burner....lol

Still have to build a sparge arm yet, or at min at least I have something to keep my sparge water in.. I have 2 weeks to build, did 2 extracts and its time to move on. My first AG will be a american pale ale at the end of the month:)

Back