Drinking in Berlin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysterio

Reaction score
I'm going to Berlin for a few days next week for my birthday, can anyone suggest some good places to drink over there?

I don't know if Berlin is particularly known for its beer apart from the Berliner Weisse which i'll be wanting to try.

Cheers Orfy,

The main Oktoberfest events are in Munich, I'm thinking of heading over this September if I can afford it - thank god for budget airlines.

You should be able to find lots of places on the Ku'damm (Kurfurstendamm). You should also stop in a local McDonalds, just so you can experience the novelty of ordering a large beer (ein grossest bier) with a Hamburger Royal (they don't call them 1/4 Pounders there). If you have a Berliner Kindl Weiss, ask for the woodruff syrup instead of the raspberry.

Indecisice, I'd go for the red first then the green and then the nat. no...first thegreen no no first...............

mysterio said:
Is woodruff the green stuff? I'm looking forward to ordering a Berliner Weiss WITHOUT any syrup - like a local! ;)

Have the beer without any syrup; but be forewarned, it's quite sour. There's nothing wrong with enjoying this beer with syrup. In fact the syrup is German, so that means there are plenty of "locals" who enjoy it this way.

Back