Once grains are crushed, how long before brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hinke

Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to brew this weekend. Was thinking of picking up the grains (crushed) on Thursday but will they hold until Saturday?

Thanks

No doubt. A few days will have no affect on the grain. What are you brewing?

My first all grain brew. Starting with an IPA. Trying to make my own recipe too...

Just difficult to figure out how much grains to use. I am doing a 5 gallon batch.

Right now I have:

9# Pale Ale Malt (2-row)
2# Crystal Malt 20L
1# Munich Malt
0.5# Carapils/Dextrine
0.5 Crystal Malt 60L

Then some centennial and cascade hops.

Do you use Beersmith? It is great for crafting your own recipes. Just select the style, and it will give you the correct ranges for OG, SG, IBU, color, and ABV. They offer a 21-day free trial. If you want to keep making your own recipes, it's worth the money. I'm always tweaking my recipes between brews.

Your recipe looks good to me.

Yes, I am using the trial version, and with the grains I have picked, I am hitting all the marks, so I think I will just go for it :)

That recipe is pretty close to what I normally keep on tap at my house.......Good luck

your grains will stay for a couple weeks crushed. You have no worries. Good luck on your first all grain brew!!!

Back