Southern NH and Nothern Mass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnmilford

bigger than most
Reaction score
We did a little brewery and brew pubbing this weekend. We hit AB in Merrimack, Redhook and Portsmouth Brewery in Portsmouth, Millys Tavern in Manchester and The Tap in Haverhill. I must say we were in awe at the size and volume we saw @ AB and completely surprised that there was an AB product we'd actually drink in a pinch. The Michelob porter is very drinkable.
I wasn't too impressed by Redhook or Portsmouth brewery. I was really looking forward to Portsmouth since they are owned or partnered with Smuttynose. It just didn't do much for me. It's in a nice building and cool area but something just missed. Redhook was ok. The tour guide was funny and made it a good time. The beer was fair.
Milly's Tavern in Manchester was excellent. It's in an old mill building and has a cool vibe. The beer was really good and we arrived @ Happy Hours or something to that effect cause the beers were only 2 bucks each. How can you beat that? Finally on our way home we stopped @ The Tap in Haverhill. It was awesome, another old mill building. We just grabbed some apps so I can't really speak to much for the menu but what we had was really good. The beer was f-ing great. They package a few of there brews locally so I knew they made good beer. But, there coffee stout was hands down the best stout I've ever had. Hope this helps someone out if they're in the area. Happy drinkin
:mug:

I live in Dracut and I was thinking of going to The Tap to try it out. There is a Boston Beer Works that just opened in Lowell as well.

I second all that the big guy had to say about the weekend! If the Tap was any closer to us i would be there all the time!

I live in Dracut and I was thinking of going to The Tap to try it out. There is a Boston Beer Works that just opened in Lowell as well.

I would make the trip to the Tap. You won't be sorry. We've been to Salem Beerworks and it was ok. We haven't made it to Boston or Cambridge yet.

The Boston Beer works was good. The food was great and I tried the IPA and it was fairly good. The Lowell Beer Works is combing with the Lowell Brewery. It will be 2 seperate bars but will serve each others food.

I am not sure if the Tsongas is holding that event again. I know that the Folk Festival in lowell is coming up and that is a good time.

Back