Infusing Jasmine Pearls into a batch..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurnsideBrew

Reaction score
Infusing tea's into brews, is this uncommon? If this had infact been done sucessfully, I would love to hear about them. I have been wanting to try infusing a brew with jasmine pearls because of settle floral scent that im thinkin would pair perfectly in the right type of beer. I am pretty new at brewing so any suggestions to what kind of beer I should pair with the jasmine for those who are familiar with it? Cheers! -Whitney :)

I really like that tea actually, and I think it would go very nicely in a Kolsch, or perhaps an Altbier or Dortmunder Export. Of course these all require some degree of lagering, although you can make a Kolsch without. If you can't lager, a Blonde Ale would work great, or a Belgian Golden might accept the flavor well, as long as the yeast don't mask it.

I can't really help you with the adding tea to beer, I've never tried it myself. I'm sure someone around here has, so if a search doesn't turn something up, someone may chime in here to help.

My vote is for Kolsch, it would match very well.

Welcome to Homebrew Talk, your font hurts my eyes. ;) :mug:

three floyds just released a 11th anv. beer, it was a jasmine infused IPA and I must say I was not impressed. It tasted a little like soap.

sorry to hurt your eyes! Thanks for the advice. Went to octoberfest yesterday and thought about the flavors while sipping Hale's Kolsch.

Back