corney keg dimensions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebag22

Reaction score
I searched but came up empty...

what are the dimensions of a corney keg? How much extra room should I take into consideration for tubing?

Varies some by model, but for ball lock kegs:

8-1/2" to 8-3/4" in diameter
25" tall
add 2" to safely clear disconnects and tubing.

Edit: nice catch Bobby_M....thanks! :mug:

If my calculations are correct, the freezer I picked up will be able to hold 5 cornies if the width is no larger than 8 and 3/8 inches in diameter. 8.5 and the deal is off, its that tight... :( I just missed out! I also figured I would have to extend the width of my freezer about 4 inches to accomodate the 5th keg if they really are 8.5 inches, but I have read other places that they are 8.25 inches

Since they are round and not square blocks you may be able to fit all 5 in there using complex geometry and a flux capacitor.

Seriously though, only way to find out is to take 5 kegs down and see if they fit.

what model of freezer? some brands give you more real estate because the compressor 'hump' is only in the back left corner.
most freezers, the hump spans the entire left side, back to front. its good for storing bottles on, but you lose the footprint for another keg.

Back