Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reel/barc... we're get the sweet end of this. foltster and skee are bad at math. 55/5 = 11, but they only want 10. :D

Yep, unless it's domestic, from GW then it's 10 lbs. But let's just keep this between us guys, mkay?

I guess this means I have to buy a grain mill now also? The SWMBO is going to freak!! :D

In the long term, yes. In the short term there are always a couple of mills 'n' drills set up at our group brews, so if you brew at one of those you can just crush your grains there. Outside of group brews there are enough GRABASS members that somebody could loan you a mill or, if they are brewing within a day or two of you, let you come by and run your grains through their mill.

I've said it before, but a mill might be the greatest piece of brewing equipment I have ever purchased. FWIW.

I've said it before, but a mill might be the greatest piece of brewing equipment I have ever purchased. FWIW.

I'd tend to agree. I do like the mill / cordless drill combo, though. Do yourself a favor and buy one. Or maybe it's just my tiny arms that can't cut it. :confused:

I was leaning towards the bum-off-a-grabasshole route myself, for the short- to med-term.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

we are up to 21 bags now.

shipping is at $3.71 per bag at this point. tax varies depending on the price of your specific grain, but is roughly $2.50 per bag (give or take) as a ballpark figure.

Spreadshee will be updated in about 1 minute.

and it should go without saying that you should all review the spreadsheet to make sure your own portion is correct.

I tend to drink.

Man I'm dying to get outta work.
I've got a new APA on tap, my liver is screaming at me!

Come on folks! You know you need another sack of something!

We might be able to get this ordered next week some time. Wow.

Hello Bretheren.

I'm about to PM Walker. Let's just say I'mma do my part to fill that pallet :)

2 sacks 2 row, a sack 6 row, and a sac MO. And would split a sack of flaked maize if someone else is interested.....

I plan to to do hella brewing this year....

Is it cheaper to buy Flaked Maize or buy Grits at Wal-Mart? Not that I need any but polenta does sound good right about now.

Hello Bretheren.

I'm about to PM Walker. Let's just say I'mma do my part to fill that pallet :)

2 sacks 2 row, a sack 6 row, and a sac MO. And would split a sack of flaked maize if someone else is interested.....

I plan to to do hella brewing this year....

... and we are now at 31 sacks.

oh... and we DO need 6 more sacks to get to the 2000# mark. The prices in the spreadsheet already assume we are going to hit that. If we (for some reason) don't get to 2000#, then I will have to tweak the spreadsheet and the price for each bag will go up a couple of bucks.

Just FYI.

I really don't think we'll have any issue getting to 2000#.

That was quick. Is that all you people do up there, brew beer? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'd be interested in a 3 or more way split of some rye if a couple of folks are interested? Just throwing it out there.

I'd be interested in a 3 or more way split of some rye if a couple of folks are interested? Just throwing it out there.

normally, I would have said yes, but I went through my inventory recently and already have 6# of rye malt and 1# of flaked rye.

I'm good on rye at the moment.

I might help you out on the rye if we can get another guy or 2.

That's 3. Wanna do a 4 way split? That's still over 12# each.

I'm down with a 4-way if anyone else wants in. I told Walker to add it to the sheet already and told him we may add another person if someone wants in.

I just found your thread. I have 3 guys wanting to buy. We just found out that North Country will not honor your account if you haven't ordered in the past year.
You can count on us for at least 10 bags, probably more. What's the status of your order right now?

Back