anyone use a GE Spacemaker 6.0?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airving

Reaction score
Given space and aesthetics restrictions that I'm working under, I'm looking for a compact unit that will allow me to fit as many cornies as possible without too much modification. A full-size fridge is out, and a chest freezer is low on my list. I'd prefer to have a fridge that can be re-purposed if needed possibly adding a draft tower at some point in the future - although right now I'm intending it for fermentation temp control.

I'm not really looking for a pre-made kegerator, although those units look nice and appear (from the images I've been able to find) to have the compressor hump at the top of the unit - I could be wrong there, though.

I'll go with the unit from Lowe's that folks are converting if I can't find anything better, although that's a 4.4 cu ft, if I recall correctly.

To the point: does anyone have a GE Spacemaker 6.0, and if so how many cornies does it fit? I can't find internal dimensions anywhere, and none of the stores in my area seems to have a floor model. Per their websites, it's readily available for short-term delivery though.

Any commentary on ease of moving the 'freezer section' out of the way (if necessary) would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry for the bump of a very old thread but I'm curious if you ended up buying this fridge? It looks like you could possibly fit 3 cornies in it and they are starting to show up on clearance sales right now.

Never did - even calling around town, no on ever had them in stock. I ended up going with a kegerator that a) was a little bigger than this fridge anyway, b) by design already had the cooling plate flattened, and c) had the compressor hump conveniently located for keg usage (better floor space utilization). Lack of response here, not being able to get good dimensions and the fact that no one stocked the thing were big negatives for me - I have nothing good or bad to say about the unit itself.

Back