Duvel Green.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
I am going to a Green (Draft) release party tonight. Supposedly the first tapping of Duvel Green in my area.
(well, not counting the industry events)

Anyone ever had this beer before? I'm looking forward to the event, and all the food and prizes that go with it. They're raffling off an entire "bar kit" which is neon, glasses, mats, and towels.. I so want that!

I'll follow-up with a likely druck post when I get back.

Mmm... Duvel Green. Sounds good to me. Too bad they cut back on the ABV% of this one. I do love the buzz 2 bottles of Duvel delivers!

They cut back on ABV, because it's kegged after primary fermentation. Whereas the red gets bottles with more yeast (and more sugars I think) and then is cellared.

Overall I found it to be an easy mild golden.

DSC_4733-1a_filtered.jpg

Nothing special stood out and I doubt I'll drink much more of it, but it was good to try and we won a beer sign and a pair of glasses just for showing up.

If it "releases" in your area (I think we might have been last, since it started releasing last October) see if there's any local pubs having a to-do. THere were lots of free beer, food, and door prizes.

How is the price? The regular stuff will at least knock you off your feet after a few but even then they are pricey, not sure I would be willing to pay that much for a "watered down" version.

Overpriced. this was $7 for one of those small goblets posted above.

However, I just drank the free ones. :)

Back