Listen to the Masters RAHAHB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STB

Reaction score
I would like to thank all the Guru guys on this forum for the many tips that I used to make my first Brew. I did a Chocolate stout using Hershey's cocao and like every noob started the sampling 2 weeks after going to bottle. Not bad but astringent. Searched the forum wildly for astringent causes. Did another test at 4 weeks after bottle and it was a tin can wrapped in sheet metal. So I search the forum wildly for causes of metallic off tastes. I am now tasting it at 6 weeks after bottling and it is chocolate beer heaven, almost an exact flavor profile I was after(Youngs double chocolate stout). So cheers and a little tip for all you noobs like myself Relax and have a BMC until that HB has come into it's own.:)

april 1509 169 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looks really yummy, STB! Yeah, time is your friend in this hobby. There isn't much a few weeks in a bottle on in a secondary can't fix.

;)I wanted to add that there is also some womens like Yooper that I took advise from and should be thanked as well.

Back