oxygenated my IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
When racking my tube got clogged and i dumped the last gallon through a strainer.It's still early but i have a cardboardy after taste.Think that'll go away in time?

When racking my tube got clogged and i dumped the last gallon through a strainer.It's still early but i have a cardboardy after taste.Think that'll go away in time?

If it's oxidized, it'll get worse.

Don't give up on it - it may be something else that will go away with time. Oxidation flavors take a while to develop (months I understand) so if the beer is young there's a pretty good chance you're just tasting green beer and not oxidation.

Arcane is right, though - if it really is oxidation it will only get worse.

The highlighted tells me that this is much more likely to be noobitus than "oxidation."

As someone else said oxidation does not show while it is "still early." Only after the oxygen has had months to do its damage.

Back