Need some pointers on conversion kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerman77

Reaction score
OK, so this is my second post. Not sure if this is the place to ask about this but here goes. I have looked at some of the photos of your guys' kegerators and many of them are impressive. I just bought an Oster 5.0 cubic inch mini fridge... no icebox. (Figured that was common sense) Gonna use it to chill my bottles of homebrew in the meantime but want to convert it down the road. I want a tower style system with two taps. I also like the look of the stuff (trim?) that goes around the back and side edges on top. So to the guys (and maybe gals?) who have this kind of setup, where to you recommend I look? I have snooped around a little online and got varying setups for corny kegs ranging all over the map in price and quality. I don't want to break the bank here but want something nice. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Honestly I would say look online. Some of the ebay stores have some good prices just make sure that you get the right fittings for a corney. Most of the fittings with these towers are for commercial kegs.

Kegconnection.com is also a nice place. I think, like a lot of things with homebrewing, it's best to build your system piece by piece. Get the expensive parts first, and then you can buy whatever smaller fittings you need later.

OK thanks! I think I have decided on a kit. Just one more thing I am confused about. Where do you get the metal stuff that goes around the top rear and side edges? Its like a metal bar or grid.. mostly cosmetic I suspect but I think it looks cool. Cannot figure out where to get the stuff.

OK thanks! I think I have decided on a kit. Just one more thing I am confused about. Where do you get the metal stuff that goes around the top rear and side edges? Its like a metal bar or grid.. mostly cosmetic I suspect but I think it looks cool. Cannot figure out where to get the stuff.
I just picked up and Oster too. I think I am going to use Ikea stainless steel cabinet handles.

Really? When do you plan on converting? I think it will be a little bit for me. Gotta get the funds up for the kit. I'm curious if the Oster has a refrigerant line running through the top like the previous Sanyo models did. Most have them on the sides. It would really suck to drill through that line. Ouch.....

I'll have to take a look at Ikea. As much as I dread it. haha

NateKerx- Nice! Thanks. Pretty much exactly the kind of info I was seeking. Good lookin out.

I got ones just like this at Lowes not that long ago for a little less (Especially when you consider shipping). Just check out the aisle with drawer handles and such.

Back