Wine flavoring in Apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the 4oz wine flavoring concentrate in Apfelwein? I'm thinking peach or raspberry would taste good.

never used the bottled flaver but i always but dried elderberrys in mine, makes the cider a nice purple color. more body also.

I wasn't sure if there was a "THING" that everyone was avoiding this thread or what.
Thanks shoes45 for making your FIRST Post here...Welcome.
I've never added anything to it, but I've made a variant with White Grape Peach juice....WOW!
Dude If you've got some Apfelwein ready, and some flavoring...add it to 1/2 your batch and let me know what you think....I would be interested in your opinion.

I have tried adding about 1/2 bottle (2 oz) of the apricot flavoring to a 5 gallon batch. It was still bone dry, but subtle changes to the flavor and an added nice aroma. I like regular apfelwein, but have also enjoyed this variant, and it has been well-received by friends.

thanks for the welcome Big Kahuna. stumbeled:drunk: on this forum from the Northern Homebrew site, i got to tell you guys, i never knew there were so many brewers out there. i've been brewing for years now, Allways with apple cider. just started doing country wines, but like Mr. Wort said, what could be easier than Apfelwein (as you guys like to call it, me, i just call it hard cider)
would you add the bottled flavoring to primary? or secondary? i'm just getting ready to whip up another batch of Apfelwein i think i'll try your suggestion Kahuna, as a side note, i did'nt know you could use apple concentrate, i allways went to the cider mill (live in upstate NY ). NOW i can brew ALL year long!(oh happy day!!!)

I agree. People avoided this thread like the plague.

Interesting on the raspberry Apfelwein. I was thinking about adding the flavoring right before bottling/kegging.

I have two 5 gal batches in carboys right now, one almose done. Still deciding what to do.

Back