Never should have started this "hobby"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
traderearl said:
What is a good micro brew readily available I could buy to see if there is a wheat/heffe bear that I might like to start brewing? Is there a micro I could buy that tastes like Dude's Boulevard Wheat clone?

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.

Whatever you do, don't try Magic Hat Circus Boy...most disgusting Hefeweizen, if not the most disgusting beer, i've ever had

Be glad your not doing lagers or belgian ales the wait time between batches can be months and months not weeks.

I usually have a favorite "goto" beer if I have nothing ready...My current is Bell's Amber Ale...I sort of just rediscovered it after going through an uber-hoppy IPA phase, and a pumpkin ale obsession in the fall...

Plus I usually like to try new beers anyway...

I think my next goto beer will be Rogue Dead Guy

Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout always hit the spot when I drink beers other than home brew.

Well, I can't buy beer where I live so I just do without.

The Legion and the Elks Hall serve suds but all mainstream swill.

I have to force myself to go down there once a month just to get out of the house...as for the beer it's exactly as you described...I have to force the first 6 or so down until it starts to not matter any more.

And as one of the other posters said...welcome to the club.

Hedghog

I'm curious about a few of the franziskaer comments saying it doesn't have much banana flavor. The banana flavor is what I love about it. What hefe has more banana to it then? I'd love to try it.

If I'm in a restaurant with a really bad beer selection, rather than drink one of their sub-par offerings I will actually go with wine. Life's too short to drink bad beer.

I ALWAYS have some bottled bought craft or macro on hand. Mostly because it's;

- A style I have yet to try
- A style I don't care to have 5 gallons of
- A style I don't see myself brewing
- A style that would use too much stores

But yeah, most all of them just never seem to match up to the freshmaker quality of beers.

If it's available near you try Bell's, they're usually reasonably priced and most are pretty tasty. I like the Best Brown Ale and Porter a lot but I'm not a big hophead.

Yeah, I have pretty much managed to keep quite a stock going now. I try and brew at least 10 gallons a month. Still can't really stand any of the wheat beers. Just tried my 1st lager and it is pretty tasty.

Drunkensatyr said:
SNPA, St Arnolds Texas Wheat, St Arnolds Summer Pils, Broken Halo, Redhook ESB......But it is hard to find me without a few full kegs of homebrew.

Where do you get Red Hook in DFW? I had it in Seattle, and from what I remember, I liked it.

They dont have it in Abilene, thats for sure.

Back