What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Back in my serious drunk years, I went through liqour phases and Sambuca was a long one. What brand are you drinking?
romana. My godfather is Italian, and this is what I cut my teeth on, literally and figuratively.

finsfan said:
Hey maybe it was fresh. Ive never had breakfast stout but I assume it tastes a lot better with age

I only like it fresh. It wasn't nearly as good aged.

romana. My godfather is Italian, and this is what I cut my teeth on, literally and figuratively.

Irish with an Italian godfather? You in both mobs?

I might have to get a bottle of that for old time's sake, next time my wife is staying in Asheville to save the drive home from work.

I only like it fresh. It wasn't nearly as good aged.

ha! Having had it bottled, and fresh fresh fresh, from the tap tap tap, I can tell you it is a whole different animal when it is aged. Fresh from the tap it's like coffee, with a bit of caramel. Aged, oh, it's a whole figgerent mammical. It's a beer that is never bad, just different, depending when you drink it.

I'm so happy right now.

image-4076670475.jpg

Some flat HB hard apple cider mixed about 50/50 with flat HB cream soda. I was diagnosing a problem with one of my faucets, and switched the lines a couple of times. It's not bad. Only another 3/4 of a gallon to go...

DSC_0144.jpg

ha! Having had it bottled, and fresh fresh fresh, from the tap tap tap, i can tell you it is a whole different animal when it is aged. Fresh from the tap it's like coffee, with a bit of caramel. Aged, oh, it's a whole figgerent mammical. It's a beer that is never bad, just different, depending when you drink it.

+2

TNGabe said:
Strong, black, and rich. Just what you've been lusting after. ;) I'd send you beer, but mine are all pale, sour, and dry like me.
haha! I don't think I dictated financial wealth, but since you mentioned it...;)
It's damn delicious!

Well you don't know beer at all sir call a doctor your palette is broken! :-D

LOL Been accused of that before. :D

I'm fairly picky when it comes to stouts. Not a huge fan of them, though I do like some. DFH chicory stout is my fave and I make a honey oatmeal stout that is based off of John Palmer's Mill Run Stout recipe that I really love.

I have to ask an off topic question. If I stop fermentation early on a beer by cold crashing it will I get bottle bombs when I bottle? It was recommended that I pitch a red wine yeast to my stout because we think it's acidic due to almost 3 lbs of grain that is high in acidity. The yeast may not be surviving. That said, to avoid a dry stout they said pitch it, give it a couple of days and then cold crash but I am unsure if he knew I bottled. I suddenly realized I could have an issue when I bottle and let carb up.

I have to ask an off topic question. If I stop fermentation early on a beer by cold crashing it will I get bottle bombs when I bottle? It was recommended that I pitch a red wine yeast to my stout because we think it's acidic due to almost 3 lbs of grain that is high in acidity. The yeast may not be surviving. That said, to avoid a dry stout they said pitch it, give it a couple of days and then cold crash but I am unsure if he knew I bottled. I suddenly realized I could have an issue when I bottle and let carb up.
You will get bottle bombs. Fridge temps slow down fermentation a great deal, they don't stop it. Fermentation stops when you run out of sugar, your yeast reaches it's alcohol tolerance, or you kill the yeast. There are really only two reliable ways to kill the yeast. Pasteurization, and potassium metabisulfite.

Back