What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home brew coco porter.
image-1747953861.jpg

That better be worth the wait lol. It'll be hard for me to wait 3 years for a beer.

It better be good after 3 years! DO all sours take longer or is that just the particular style that takes so long, or did you just forget about it ;)

Sours and Brett beer depending on the style can take much longer to impart their trademark flavors.

This was quite good after only 6 weeks in the bottle, it was a 10 gallon batch, so I put 1 case away for long term, 1 for 6 months, and then I drank the other 2 at will. It got better over time as I expected.

Sours and Brett beer depending on the style can take much longer to impart their trademark flavors.

This was quite good after only 6 weeks in the bottle, it was a 10 gallon batch, so I put 1 case away for long term, 1 for 6 months, and then I drank the other 2 at will. It got better over time as I expected.

Guess i need to make my sours 10 gallons. Guess i need more carboys :rockin:. I got a sour been sitting since march and its has a wonderful sour and fruity to to. Its from a batch of JK dredges. I got more I'm stepping up from commercial sour bottles :D

image-4165649299.jpg

HB chocolate stout. This is the starter beer for my Zhukov/Hunahpu beer I brewed in July. I'm liking 1968, I think I will use it in my next coffee brown.

Running low on homebrew so I had to break down and buy some Sam Adams for brew day. Right now it is the Sam Adams Octoberfest. Not a bad example of the style. Actually, pretty good ....ok, I guess I'll drink it ......... if I HAVE to......

:D

If that's the only one you ever had, you'll have done well. :). Excellent brew.
Yeah, I'm not going to try and clone it, but I am going to try and rip it off. :D I think it's the best coffee beer I've ever had.

Not oceanside in Maine, but I can't complain.

image-980748984.jpg

BdC I'm rebrewing tomorrow. Also have three batches to bottle if you're in the neighborhood. ;)

TNGabe said:
Have you had Coffee Bender? Coffee brown is on the brew list and CB is the only one I've had.

I've never had coffee bender, but my version is loosely based on that recipe.

allenH said:
I've never had coffee bender, but my version is loosely based on that recipe.
I think Surly claims to have a special technique for how they process the coffee for that one. I haven't roasted in forever but a friend got me a pound of single origin Brazilian that sounded good for it.

I think Surly claims to have a special technique for how they process the coffee for that one. I haven't roasted in forever but a friend got me a pound of single origin Brazilian that sounded good for it.

Sounds like cold brewing wrapped in a gold package called a special process.

20131014_165423_zps7efd125b.jpg

Gabes blackberry Berliner. I really like this one gabe, not nearly as sour as the peach but a lot better balanced.

I think it's because the peaches weren't super ripe and I'm guessing they had some malic acid. Since I sour mashed, the lacto was dead and there wasn't anything to convert the malic to lactic. I know I've posted that about half a dozen times now, but if anyone has feedback on the idea, it will be you.

I think it's because the peaches weren't super ripe and I'm guessing they had some malic acid. Since I sour mashed, the lacto was dead and there wasn't anything to convert the malic to lactic. I know I've posted that about half a dozen times now, but if anyone has feedback on the idea, it will be you.

That sounds reasonable actually,

I honestly think that if you could figure out the carb these Berliners are going places.

I figured those guys probably do something crazy like gas extracting it like hash oil or something.

Possible I suppose, they could just extract the coffee flavor using alcohol, oils are bad juju as you know, but I wouldn't call that special you can buy coffee extract at most lhbs it's the same thing without the process.

I've never had trouble cold brewing a quality bean roasted as desired, and adding it to 2nd. Never made a brown with coffee though

Sounds like cold brewing wrapped in a gold package called a special process.

It's their proprietary cold bacon press filtration system that does it. Because bacon makes anything better! ;)

FermentNEthinG said:
One of the most interesting cork opening experiences I've had in a while.

I try to warn everyone that I see with a Saint Somewhere, you must keep your thumb on the cage, or wear full face protection. Those corks start creeping as soon as you start loosening the cage. Did it fly out?

alright, what happened?! corked an eye out? broke the cork in pieces to get it out?

Started taking off the cage while I was looking at a homemade hot sauce recipe my mom wrote down for me. Next thing you hear is a BOOM and the cork goes flying off the cupboards and lands on the kitchen table across the room! Forgot to keep a hand on the cork.

The beer is great besides the immediate gusher upon opening. I dig it.

Back