How many do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many pints of homebrew do you drink a week?

• 1-4

• 5-9

• 10-15

• 16-20

• Ima drunk

• Ralph Nader lives with me

Results are only viewable after voting.

BootYtRappeR

Reaction score
on average how many of your homebrews (pint) do you drink a week?

I'm just wondering because I like a good homebrew but as I only drink maybe one pint every other day it's taking me forever to get through this keg.

I know some of you brew like madmen making two or three batches a month, it seems like you can't possibly drink it all yourselves. Do you give a lot of it away? Parties? ect!

Depends on the weather. If it's crappy outside we don't do much and stay at home (which makes more homebrew dissappear). So I'm actually in the range 5-15 with a concentration on the upper part of that range. I get some "help" by bringing it to friends houses and try to keep 5 kinds drinkable at the same time so a 5 gal batch will last a few months. A man has to have his choices.

My stock has been low, so I have been subsidizing with store bought beers. Also, SWMBO and I like to go out once or so a week, and I will have beer when we go out. Total beer consumption is higher than homebrew consumption. Now, this fall is a different situation, as I am going to have more brewing time, and will be able to build up my stock.

Last weekend was great. It starter off as just one of those ****ty days at work, combined with moving. Well I had some buddies over and we damn near finished a keg of brown. No moving got done to say the least. When we drink....we really drink.

But, normally I pour a half liter when I get home and call it good for the day.

I've got this great 40oz pitcher that I usually fill up once a day. This seems to keep me satiated most of the time, except on weekends, or brew sessions where consumption may slightly rise.

I'm easily in the 10-15 pint range, and that's being generous. I like to have one on the go most of the time. I wouldn't drink it if it wasn't so good, and it wouldn't be so good if I hadn't found this board...
Hey this is all HBT's fault!! Well, time for a pint.

:mug:

my consumption varies. it could be 2 a week or it could be 12 a week. depends on the situation.

I am generally way too busy to drink much of anything during the week and because Sunday morning is a fairly demanding time mentally I have to watch it on Saturday, that leaves Friday night, Saturday mid-day and Sunday afternoon. Now if I am lucky I have Friday off and I can brew and then I can also enjoy a few beers along the way. Why I have a 20+ gallon system is beyond me!

I work shifts so I normally only drink on my daywork week or days off. When I do drink it is usually between 1-4 and normally on the low side. Lately I've been drinking a lot of micro brews though, as my stock is down considerably. I'm looking forward to the lower temperatures so I can start brewing again.

Too busy with the baby to have more than a couple beers a week.

Besides, I have the kind of job that comes with a free physical and urinalysis.

I think I'm in the 10-15 range.

I generally don't drink during the week - usually just Friday and Saturday. Once in a while I'll have a couple on a Sunday or Thursday, but not all that often.

1 - 4 but thats JUST homebrew. i'm trying to hold myself back so i can start a nice backstock of a variety of homebrew. definitely need to pick up the pace though...

used to only buy a 6 pack of micro brews for the weekend before i started brewing
now i have 5 different 5 gallon batches on the go.:mug:
i find i am drinking more since it is available in the house. try to only have 1 every other weekday and 2-3 saturdays and sundays.
my friends at work are benefitting as i can't drink it all myself so i share:tank:
i find it fun to brew and relaxing but i end up with too much onhand

I'm around 15+ per week (supplemented with commercial until I build my stock). Explains the growing girth. My dad always said that if you have a good tool, you should build a shed over it. I built a barn.:cross:

A five gallon keg usually last about 2-3 weeks, but I have put one down in a week by myself before (Brown Ale that was oh so delicious!).

I drink a few during the week and about 6-8 per night on the weekend, depending on what is going on. I turned a friend onto beer and now he likes to drink the good stuff, which includes my beer. (He went from being an avid Corona only fan to now trying anything I recomend and being stuck on wheat beers and Newcastle-success!).

:mug:

I didn't answer the poll since I don't have any homebrew to drink yet. I just started on September 3rd with my first brew. I've got three five gallon batches at various stages of completion.

But for commercial brews, I average at least 15 pints a week. Probably more, but who's really counting?

My consumption fluctuates, but I find that now I have my own beer on tap, I'm likely to have a pint almost nightly. On Fridays and Saturdays I'll get a bit more serious with the consumption, drinking between 3 and 4 (or more depending on the occasion) in a session.

So I fall in the 5-9 pint range (well probably more like 5-12.):mug:

I'm not very big, so I can't drink many beers and not gain weight. I drink about one every evening, and a couple more on the weekends. I always have a glass of homemade wine with dinner, then a homebrew later on. According to a health website I frequent, I "drink too much". Apparently 17-20 drinks a week is too much for a 130 pound woman. Bah! I don't eat junk food, I don't smoke, I exercise (when my leg's not broken), I eat very healthy foods. I take my vitamins. I gotta have my vice, and it's alcohol.

Lorena

I usually have one 12 oz bottle in the evening or a glass from the tap, sometimes 2, with more on weekends, but I usually have a good variety of micros on hand as well. I'd say on average about 5 pints of homebrew week. Then there are the friends...

Lorena, I think American "health" sites are run by people who are convinced drinking is evil. Most European sites would put you right at the recommended levels.

I find a pint or two a day is about right, maybe none. Of course, that's 4-8 samples. I have a reputation in the homebrewing circles here, because I use one of my 4 oz. Fest glasses. With 6-10 kegs around, I rarely drink pints.

Well, to be honest not as many as I would like. As a teacher whom works late hours with students, probably not a good idea to let them smell beer on the breath, but then again, a pint or two when I get home is always nice. 1-4 per week at the most.

I'm with HB99..I plead the 5th...I mean I finished the fifth and want to pee..
Anyway..late for a meeting...gotta go.:tank:

Yes, as a matter of fact . I can't seem to get it started in the mornings and can't seem to get it to stop at night.
One of my buddies suggested the Auto Association as a place I might find some help in these matters.
BTW Mr. Monkey thanks for the suggestion.... now where are my damn keys. :drunk:

That's fine with me but were gonna have to stop at that gas station with the
gorilla out front..and you know what happened last time ......:ban:

Let's see, 10 gallons = about three weeks. 8 pints per gallon 4 weeks per month . . .

Will you re-phrase your question?
:drunk:

cha ngo said:
Let's see, 10 gallons = about three weeks. 8 pints per gallon 4 weeks per month . . .

Will you re-phrase your question?
:drunk:

Please allow me to assist you. Please select the "Ima drunk" option. ;)

I don't really drink beer during the week, unless I am *really* curious about how my conditioning beer is doing. Alcohol slows down your metabolism, and that would defeat my attempts to stay in shape.

The weekends, though, are a different matter entirely. :mug:

Yep, that's me... the big fat ZERO. That is all about to change, of course. I figure I only have about another 722 hours left to wait. :mad: Not like I'm counting or anything.

ima drunk....

i imbibe regularly... forty or so ounces an evening seems about right, often more, seldom less...

i'd drink beer for breakfast if i could get away with it at work. thank god for weekends. ;)

Brewpastor said:
I am generally way too busy to drink much of anything during the week and because Sunday morning is a fairly demanding time mentally I have to watch it on Saturday, that leaves Friday night, Saturday mid-day and Sunday afternoon. Now if I am lucky I have Friday off and I can brew and then I can also enjoy a few beers along the way. Why I have a 20+ gallon system is beyond me!

BP if you ever have any trouble getting rid of that tasty professionaly made homebrew you be sure to message me so I can give you an address to send the surplus :ban:

The city I live in just got ranked #4 in binge drinking by the CDC:ban:

According to them, 20% of the adults reported drinking 5 or more drinks in one sitting in the past month.

Personally, I think that's crap. Drinking a 6 pack in one sitting isn't what I'd call a binge. Now, if you drink a 6 pack every night, that might be pushing the limits, but once a month isn't bad.

Like Rodney Carrington said about Nebraska, there's nothing to do here but drink and farm, farm and drink. That's why so many of them are missing limbs.:cross:

Back