SWMBO Made a HUGE Mistake !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewbeemer I've got a good wife she either puts up with my crap or doesn't pay attention to my stupidity ;)

Now I'm waiting for Pulse to get this room finalized so I can steal his ideas for this brewroom !
Pat

\Now I'm waiting for Pulse to get this room finalized so I can steal his ideas for this brewroom !
Pat

It will be a few years I'm sure, and When it's done I guarantee it's nothing you'd be willing to put your name on:) I've seen your level of work and I've seen mine :D

It will be a few years I'm sure, and When it's done I guarantee it's nothing you'd be willing to put your name on:) I've seen your level of work and I've seen mine :D

They way I see it is that the hard part is figuring out what you what to do the execution is the easy part plus you have a couple of years to master the skill you'll need for the build,start small birdhouses dollhouses playhouses.
By the time your my age (49) you will be the master of all you survey.

pat

Brewbeemer I've got a good wife she ether puts up with my crap or doesn't pay attention to my stupidity ;)Pat

Pat; I love that reply, it's saved in my favorites. Ya got me laughing on that one. Cheers bro. Carl.... My wife found out because my son told her that we got his BMW past 140 MPH last month this was not good with her. My kids first car and were not done with it, more to be found in speed on the radar gun.
Then the mention of my 68 F250 with the next motor build about spanking 150-153 mph my intended goal. She wants to know where the end is on my crazy side. I can't see that far.

See what you haven't considered, is that the female mind is a master at reverse psycology.

She has primed your cortex with an idea that you will build and re-build in your head for the next couple years. Over time, new ideas will come in and your plan will be virtually redrawn each time.

She knows this.............

And THAT is why she planted the seed.

a fence is an afternoon with enough people:)
We had 7 of us. took 12 hours for put up posts with concrete, set panels, and install gate:)

Couldn't believe I saw this thread updated. It's a non-reality now a days. Family has grown to 4 with the latest addition in the hospital since birth on 11/15 with no diagnosis. Best case scenario, she makes it home and we renovate the house. No more brew shed. Instead I'll be building a LARGE garage and using some dedicated space in there. Then converting current garage to living room, living room to 3rd bed room, and adding a 1/2 bath.

Couldn't believe I saw this thread updated. It's a non-reality now a days. Family has grown to 4 with the latest addition in the hospital since birth on 11/15 with no diagnosis. Best case scenario, she makes it home and we renovate the house. No more brew shed. Instead I'll be building a LARGE garage and using some dedicated space in there. Then converting current garage to living room, living room to 3rd bed room, and adding a 1/2 bath.

Ahh too bad. I was trolling through old DIY threads looking for inspiration. Better to take care of RL issues before DIY/Beer dreams-come-true. Hopefully in the end you'll get it all!

IP... Just downsize your original build.. a lot.. but plan 'expansion' into every piece of lumber installed...

It's costs 'nothing' but a couple weekends, to get out your shovel and start prepping the pad...

Even though you might not be able to afford running a sewer line and electrical and water to it now, you can certainly run those things just outside the pad.. and connect to them later...

A hose across your yard can be temp installed to run water.. until you can afford a proper sewer line, you can dig a 2 foot round by 3 foot deep pit and fill it with pea gravel and run your short sewer line from in the shed into it for general stuff from the sink... (IOW, no peeing)

There's an age old riddle.. Question "How do you eat an elephant"... Answer: "One bite at a time"

You can do this.. All it takes is ten sacks of concrete here.. ten there... six 2x4's here'' six there... before you know it.. there's a 'shell'.. then you're off and running...

If you had invested 25 dollars on materials and 4 hours a month on it since you first started this thread, you'd easily have the building itself raised by now.... and probably a lot more...

That which is as rest, tends to stay at rest.. and that which is in motion tends to stay in motion... It's basic physics.. just 'get in motion'... The rest will work itself out....

BTW.. this thread has some of the best potential tag lines of any on this site...
:mug:

IP... Just downsize your original build.. a lot.. but plan 'expansion' into every piece of lumber installed...

It's costs 'nothing' but a couple weekends, to get out your shovel and start prepping the pad...

Even though you might not be able to afford running a sewer line and electrical and water to it now, you can certainly run those things just outside the pad.. and connect to them later...

A hose across your yard can be temp installed to run water.. until you can afford a proper sewer line, you can dig a 2 foot round by 3 foot deep pit and fill it with pea gravel and run your short sewer line from in the shed into it for general stuff from the sink... (IOW, no peeing)

There's an age old riddle.. Question "How do you eat an elephant"... Answer: "One bite at a time"

You can do this.. All it takes is ten sacks of concrete here.. ten there... six 2x4's here'' six there... before you know it.. there's a 'shell'.. then you're off and running...

If you had invested 25 dollars on materials and 4 hours a month on it since you first started this thread, you'd easily have the building itself raised by now.... and probably a lot more...

That which is as rest, tends to stay at rest.. and that which is in motion tends to stay in motion... It's basic physics.. just 'get in motion'... The rest will work itself out....

BTW.. this thread has some of the best potential tag lines of any on this site...
:mug:
If there is anything I've learned from brewing and the associated equipment, it's Don't build until you have all the materials, because you WILL get half way done and start redesigning everything :D.

Back