OMFG, I Love Sex and the City!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
With all this talk all over the media and interwebs about the new movie about those four shrieking whore-harpies, I must express how much I love that damn show.

Because every time she turns it on, I get to disappear downstairs for some GTA-IV on the Aquos, and she can't say word one, because she's watching that damn show, and it's like a "play-GTA-IV-all-night-free" card. Fahk yeah.

As for the movie...check out this awesome review from a man's perspective. Pricelesssssss!:D

Ive never met anyone who watches that show, I think its entire ratings are based on people who say they know someone else who watches it, no first hand confirmation like an urban legend or something. at least its spawned some good parodies, if you cant be funny at least other people can make fun of you.

Sex and the City VS GTA IV.. Which one is the bigger waste of time?

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on either one of them.

You think SITC is a waste of time.. She thinks GTA IV is a waste of time.. methinks you are both right....

Just my opinion.. I could be wrong ;)

i lived with two female roommates a little while back. one of them was a disturbingly huge fan of the show. the other thought it was retarded. we would all watch it from time to time though.

but woe betide the roomie that decided to knock the show...

Sex and the City VS GTA IV.. Which one is the bigger waste of time?

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on either one of them.

You think SITC is a waste of time.. She thinks GTA IV is a waste of time.. methinks you are both right....

Just my opinion.. I could be wrong ;)

It's got nothing to do with whether or not it's a "waste of time". Everyone has their own forms of entertainment, and to judge them based on whether they're a "good use of your time" is an obtuse form of measurement for that which is "entertainment"...

I do know one couple who watches it. They live in Connecticut, which is just a suburb of NYC. My theory is that only Nu Yawkers from the city watch it, and those are the only folks who get asked about ratings crap.

I agree with PeteOz on this. Both seem like a waste of time, but hell, I have my own time wasters. We all need down time.

Also, the movie is two and half-hours – I repeat – two and half hours of nearly every single female stereotype and melodramatic device amped up to the extreme strung together with a flimsy, almost non existent plot. Again, the women in my audience loved every minute of it and perhaps would’ve lasted another hour.

I'm out, too much for me, Sarah Jessica Parker's face looks like a foot and I can barely tolerate the commercials she does, 2 and a 1/2 hours would leave me in disgust.

For about six seconds the screen went black at our screening due to a small reel malfunction. I swear the women in the audience reacted as if their child had been kidnapped. The audio was fine, but I’m positive if the screen remained black for a few more seconds there would’ve been a near riot. I wrote this down in my notes: “The women erupted with gasps and fear.”

haha, awesome review, hilarious.

Whew... after reading the title I thought I was going to have to come in here and call you girly names. :D

I got about halfway through the review. Then I scrolled down and saw how much was left and realized that I care so little about this tripe that I couldn't even finish reading the review.

Whew... after reading the title I thought I was going to have to come in here and call you girly names. :D

well don't let me stop you...
not-tagged-smiley-11505.gif

Your mom is Chewbacca!

If I gotta go see Sex and the City with SWMBO there better be some Sex in the Blacklab House later.

Here's the $64,000 question...

Did The Onion photoshop that picture of ol' horseface, or is that what she looks like when she's NOT photoshopped?

Right now, I am sooooo greatful that the wife doesn;t watch the show anymore and that, because of the toddler we don't do movie theaters.

I'll be screwed when it comes out on DVD tho'. Maybe I can plan a brewday aorund it.

Right now, I am sooooo greatful that the wife doesn;t watch the show anymore and that, because of the toddler we don't do movie theaters.

I'll be screwed when it comes out on DVD tho'. Maybe I can plan a brewday aorund it.

Time to make yourself a hero. Have her go out to see it with her girlfriends while it's in the theatre, while you stay at home with the kidling. Better to do solo-parenting for a few hours that to have to sit through that drek when it comes out later!

Oh, I'm there for this one! Those chicks are HOT! Plus, there's a good chance the slutty one will be taking her clothes off. I hope Big is in this one.

My watering hole is in a mall that has a movie theatre. I was there on Friday night which was the opening for the movie. All the female movie-goers were dressed up all slutty and ordering cosmos before going to the show. Apparently the drink of choice for Sara and crew. The bartenders (friends of mine) were going friggen insane. They did 280 cosmo's on Friday night when they usually do 2-3 in an eve!

It looked like an opening for Harry Potter for adult females.

I think for referring to/ and/or knowing the names of characters your membership to club man has been revoked Homercidal ;) . Unfortunately my girlfriend loves that show. Fortunately though, she also knows far better than to even bother asking me to go watch that steaming pile....so she's going with her girlfriend.

I gotta read that review, sounds great.

With all this talk all over the media and interwebs about the new movie about those four shrieking whore-harpies, I must express how much I love that damn show.

Because every time she turns it on, I get to disappear downstairs for some GTA-IV on the Aquos, and she can't say word one, because she's watching that damn show, and it's like a "play-GTA-IV-all-night-free" card. Fahk yeah.

As for the movie...check out this awesome review from a man's perspective. Pricelesssssss!:D

GTA4 is the ****. Cheeesy ******!!!!

Thats what it is, Now I remember why I hate that show. She looks like a horse, sounds like a screaming animal being killed, oh and the show just sucks.

My wife has good taste in tv shows...thus neither of us watches this show.

To quote Brian Griffin "Its apparently a show about 3 whores and their grandmother"

Back