Question for Danby DKC645BLS owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How many cornies can I fit in this kegerator? At present I have the CO2 tank outside of the keg I just got it the other day and have a 8 gal commercial in there at the moment? I jam looking into getting cornies and a new tower and want to make the correct decision the first time.

Thanks

According to beverage factory, you can fit three in it.

tn2_large_danby_3tanks080310145523.jpg

I would imagine so because there is a small shelf in the back corner (covers the compressor) where it sits... there is no way a keg could occupy that same space. Now obviously this is assuming you are using the 5# co2 tank because anything larger wouldn't fit on that shelf.

It would be a #5 CO2 tank. I do not have any cornies yet so I want to make sure before I get them. Thanks for the input.

I have that kegerator and I can fit 3 kegs, a 5lb C02 tank and a three regulator manifold inside. It's tight but doable.

I have that kegerator and want to expand to three 1/6 kegs. Been told I will have to drill to make three faucet tower fit. Did you have to do that? What did you have to drill?

Going to be great having three kegs on tap if I can figure it out.

I think the 1/6 barrel kegs are slightly wider than a ball lock corny. You might want to size it out first.

I've been looking at this particular kegerator. In its price range, it's a very tempting buy. I'd love to hear your general opinions about this model.

I have one of these Danby DKC645BLS and you can get 3 of the 8.5" diameter (pepsi) kegs in it or 2 of the 9" diameter (coke) kegs. The 1/6 commerial kegs are slightly larger than the coke kegs so I would guess you can only get 2 of those in it.

Back