ball lock disconnect collar fell off and ball bearings fell out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medley

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When trying to connect a beer line to my allreay pressurized corney keg the quick connector didn't seem to want to go on right and beer sprayed everywhere and the collar came off the quick connector and the ball berings fell out. I searched and searched but could only find 2 of the 4 ball berings so I reassembled the quick connector with only 2 of the ball bearings, then I spotted the other 2 ball bearings. Problem is that I can't figure out how to get the collar back of to install the other 2 ball bearings.
Anyone know how these ball lock connectors come apart?

When trying to connect a beer line to my allreay pressurized corney keg the quick connector didn't seem to want to go on right and beer sprayed everywhere and the collar came off the quick connector and the ball berings fell out. I searched and searched but could only find 2 of the 4 ball berings so I reassembled the quick connector with only 2 of the ball bearings, then I spotted the other 2 ball bearings. Problem is that I can't figure out how to get the collar back of to install the other 2 ball bearings.
Anyone know how these ball lock connectors come apart?

I remember this happening to me a while back when I force the gas side onto the liquid side, when I pulled the QD off, an explosion of balls.....bearings that is...IIRC, put them back in their respective places and puch down hard enough on the collar, there may be a "key" in the collar so look for it, from what I recall, it took about 5 minutes to figure it out, so don't freak it can be repaired.

Thanks, with a little force I got the collar off and replaced the ball bearings. Got it attached to the keg and now all is fine. The poppit on that particular post is pretty hard to push down and I'm sure is what caused the problem, guess I'll replace it.

Hey, this just happened to me, but I can't figure out how to reassemble the collar, spring, and bearings...any help?

Hey, this just happened to me, but I can't figure out how to reassemble the collar, spring, and bearings...any help?

Drink 6 home brews, find a 5lb mallot and beat that thing into submission...

~I have no clue how to rebuild on of those connector things :drunk:

I figured it out, it only took 4 homebrews:)
I just put the spring over the main base part of the disconnect, slid the collar over the spring and pushed fairly firmly, it snaps into place with enough pressure. Probably re-breaks with too much pressure. Then insert the bearings from the inside, they just pop into place and won't fall through if insert from the inside of the disconnect.

glad you got it.
I completely forget how I did it. I just remember it took some force.
I did buy a new one, and a few extras before I figured it out.
I jist looked and one ball bering is still lost and it still works fine as far as I can tell.

Back