Vissani Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a used Vissani that I use with a temp controller, but the door has developed a slight gap at the top when closed.

I know this is probably impossible to diagnose this way, but I was wondering what I could do to correct that? Replace the seal?

The glass door is easily removed, I've done it a few times. I'm at work so I'm not looking at mine right now, but most likely the bolts at the top have loosened a bit, the door rests on a pin on the bottom and is held in place by a sliding metal plate at the top. Loosen the bolts, force the door shut, tighten the bolts back up.

The glass door is easily removed, I've done it a few times. I'm at work so I'm not looking at mine right now, but most likely the bolts at the top have loosened a bit, the door rests on a pin on the bottom and is held in place by a sliding metal plate at the top. Loosen the bolts, force the door shut, tighten the bolts back up.

Thanks - I will check that later...!

Let me know if that fixes it! I can take a closer look this weekend, got a brewday scheduled for Sunday.

Let me know if that fixes it! I can take a closer look this weekend, got a brewday scheduled for Sunday.

Checked it out last night and was able to make some adjustments so it's a better fit - thanks.

Didn't realize when I bought it (used) that part of the piece that holds the door was cracked off, which is contributing to the gap. I've contemplated a replacement door, but in my searches it looks they're not available.

I only use the fridge during fermentation, and the temps still stay solid - but it's probably not running as efficiently as it should.

Checked it out last night and was able to make some adjustments so it's a better fit - thanks.

Didn't realize when I bought it (used) that part of the piece that holds the door was cracked off, which is contributing to the gap. I've contemplated a replacement door, but in my searches it looks they're not available.

I only use the fridge during fermentation, and the temps still stay solid - but it's probably not running as efficiently as it should.

If you have no need to get in the fridge during fermentation, throw a couple bungees or a ratchet strap around the whole thing to keep it tight.

I have seen with other visanni units; they can turn a screw to get the temp lower by doing a 3/4 turn. does this apply to this unit and if so - where would the screw be?

I have the Vissani Mvwc52b

thanks!!!
Maybe someone else knows, but that's not something I've looked into.

I just successfully adjusted the thermostat on this fridge. I didnt really want to cut any wires to bypass the thermostat so I went this route. Now I can lager and crash cool with no problem. Please note that I'm also using an external temp controller to achieve exact temps. I only did this so I could get the fridge to lower temps. I've never tried to attach pics so I apologize if this doenst come out.

The first pic shows a small hole that contains the only screw you need to remove to open the thermostat.

once the screw is removed, carefully swing the front of the unit down and it will open up.

once you have the thermostat open you can get to the temp adjustment screw (4th pic) on the left side you can see the head of the screw and in the little window you can see the tension spring. This part took a little trial and error but I found that the more you compress the spring the colder your fridge will get. I just used a small needle nose pliers to adjust the screw.

In the last pic (which isnt very clear) you can see my thermometer. Its sitting in a glass of water and it read 36F. at this point the fridges manual temp control dial was set at "6". I realize this is colder than I will need to go but with my dual stage temp control this should work out just fine.

Bumping this post for the screw location if you never found it.

Edit: The pics aren't showing in the quote, but that's post 113 if you want to go back and take a look.

I thought I'd share my fermentation chamber build. Thanks to the OP for creating this epic 5 year long thread!

I picked mine up from Craigslist. For temp control I am using a Brewpi Spark with a Raspberry Pi 3. I had a ferm wrap that I had been using for saisons so I taped that up to the side of the chamber.

This ended up being exaclty what I needed. The wiring diagram and extra length of wire allowed for easy rewiring. I simply bypassed the thermostat directly so the Brewpi can have full control and I can still turn on the light as needed.

The ports in the back (near the white box containing the wires) are perfect for running the chord from the heater and fan out of the fridge and running the temperature sensors I got from Brewpi into the chamber.

Here are my pics: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B722DGamVadqazR2dS00b3BEcU0/view

Has anyone had to replace the gasket on one of these? Mine has a corner that won't seal and the frame of the door is still square so I know it isn't that. A quick Google search hasn't returned anything useful in terms of a replacement.

Has anyone had to replace the gasket on one of these? Mine has a corner that won't seal and the frame of the door is still square so I know it isn't that. A quick Google search hasn't returned anything useful in terms of a replacement.

I have the same issue on mine.

An earlier post from someone suggested adjusting the screws that hold the door. I tried that and it helped slightly, but the seal is still not perfect in one corner.

Mine finally kicked the bucket. I miss having the huge chamber in this fridge. May have to start looking for another

I know I am digging up an old thread here but this is the fridge I use for a fermentation chamber and wondering if anyone has fit at SS Brewtech Brew Bucket inside?

I posted a pic in that other thread. It fits. :)

I really like these fridges. They draw about 100W, they are quiet, my fermenters fit, and they've been reliable even when hooked up to an external temperature controller.

I posted a pic in that other thread. It fits. :)

I really like these fridges. They draw about 100W, they are quiet, my fermenters fit, and they've been reliable even when hooked up to an external temperature controller.

Now I just need to make another attempt at getting the control box off so I can turn the thermostat down and let my controller do all the work. I have not had a need to go below 50 so the factory settings have been good so far.

Agreed it is a great fermentation chamber and I have been nothing but happy with it!!

Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back