What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20131212_164139.jpg

From DisturbdChemist image-2402128650.jpg It's different for sure. I suspect it needs some bourbon on the side.

image-99673731.jpg

Yup. Needed bourbon. I always forget cider is a wine. Sort of reminds me of a dry Riesling. I was expecting more sour and raspberry, but it's pretty good now that I'm adjusting. Thanks DC!

I think my Xmas present will be wiping out the rest of the Elmer T Lee at my local package store. Great for the price. Didn't manage to get a barrel last weekend, planning a trip in March where I will be able to hopefully.

Big hoppy monster.
Got called away from my second job to work my first job again. :mad: I need a break and a hug.

View attachment 165686

That sucks, but at least you've got good beer. The best I can do is a virtual hug, so here you go.

big-hug-bbm-smiley-.png

Theeeee Topper

I need to get me some more of that. Been a good while since I've had any. Either need to trade for it or just drive my happy ass up there to get it.

Been a hot minute since I had this and apparently I've never checked in to it on Untappd. Got me a New Brew Thursday Level 8 badge. I still dig this beer as much as I did when I first had it. Guess I just got distracted by shiny objects and the quest for the ever elusive Gandhi-bot.

20131212_175600 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

This is one of the better RIS ive had, thanks HBT! :D I will be drinking one more of these here soon and will age the other 2 to see how they change. Its a little boozy coming straight out of the fridge, but not hot if that even makes sense. Great brew tho :mug:

2013-12-12 17.20.48.jpg

This is one of the better RIS ive had, thanks HBT! :D I will be drinking one more of these here soon and will age the other 2 to see how they change. Its a little boozy coming straight out of the fridge, but not hot if that even makes sense. Great brew tho :mug:

Speaking of classics...very solid. The BA version is even better but so damn overpriced.

This is how I like to roll.

You drink that Seizon Bretta yet? I've been holding onto one for a few months. I'm planning to let it age a bit, but it's been quite tempting.

Making pork loin for dinner. Thought I had some kraut left, but went to the cellar and found none. Had the loin seared and in the oven already, trying to think of plan B. Might just make some pan gravy and call it good.

Tis the season :( at least you had a good beer!

That sucks, but at least you've got good beer. The best I can do is a virtual hug, so here you go.

big-hug-bbm-smiley-.png

I need to get me some more of that. Been a good while since I've had any. Either need to trade for it or just drive my happy ass up there to get it.

Been a hot minute since I had this and apparently I've never checked in to it on Untappd. Got me a New Brew Thursday Level 8 badge. I still dig this beer as much as I did when I first had it. Guess I just got distracted by shiny objects and the quest for the ever elusive Gandhi-bot.

20131212_175600 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr
True that. The whole fire alarm BS was just bunk.
Now I am wondering if I should drink a BCBS or something else.

Good night HBT; goin out for TNF. Drink some good beers, and make sure to watch my hometown team shock the world by upsetting the Broncos tonight...and that's a fact.

Making pork loin for dinner. Thought I had some kraut left, but went to the cellar and found none. Had the loin seared and in the oven already, trying to think of plan B. Might just make some pan gravy and call it good.

Speaking of kraut I need to make more, almost out myself. Just go with pan gravy and some quick potato dumplings.
I'm having the first of my Java Brown. I'm so happy with this beer! Great coffee character while still letting the brown ale come through. This may be a instant rebrew with maybe a more robust coffee.

ForumRunner_20131212_184249.jpg

I decided to do a "carb test" on the Belgian Strong. it's not carbonated yet. I added the 6oz of Sailor Jerry that's been soaking oak chips, vanilla beans, and cocoa nibs. I had to add more Sailor Jerry to the jar. and a little to my belly.

Good night HBT; goin out for TNF. Drink some good beers, and make sure to watch my hometown team shock the world by upsetting the Broncos tonight...and that's a fact.

I at least hope Rivers has a good game and Woodhead and Gates don't score. FF playoffs start this week and there is a lot of beer on the line.

Speaking of kraut I need to make more, almost out myself. Just go with pan gravy and some quick potato dumplings.
I'm having the first of my Java Brown. I'm so happy with this beer! Great coffee character while still letting the brown ale come through. This may be a instant rebrew with maybe a more robust coffee.

View attachment 165700

I decided onions were the answer. Sliced three up very thin and will be making pan sauce when they've cooked some. No potatoes in the house, but we're baked some sweet potatoes already. Actual, white sweet potatoes. Not those nasty orange things from the store.

Threw one of my coffee browns in the fridge. I made some poor choices on grain bill and yeast, hopefully it's at least drinkable.

I decided to do a "carb test" on the Belgian Strong. it's not carbonated yet. I added the 6oz of Sailor Jerry that's been soaking oak chips, vanilla beans, and cocoa nibs. I had to add more Sailor Jerry to the jar. and a little to my belly.

What's that concoction for?

More black than brown. Smells awful. Tastes slightly better. On the short list of possible worst beers I've made.

image-2197973155.jpg

Well, maybe it's not that bad, but I'm not happy with it.

Hb pale ale...

Question since I've seen it posted here before on this thread... My old man is a liquor drinker, mostly whiskey Jim beam and such... Would he enjoy the crown royal maple whiskey? I was thinking of getting a bottle for him for xmas

TNGabe said:
You drink that Seizon Bretta yet? I've been holding onto one for a few months. I'm planning to let it age a bit, but it's been quite tempting. Making pork loin for dinner. Thought I had some kraut left, but went to the cellar and found none. Had the loin seared and in the oven already, trying to think of plan B. Might just make some pan gravy and call it good.
Wandered off for dinner, the Seizon will be enjoyed tomorrow. Going to drink the whole package over the weekend since there is evidence of leakage when I opened. Think it was frozen on the UPS tin can mobile.

Hb pale ale...

Question since I've seen it posted here before on this thread... My old man is a liquor drinker, mostly whiskey Jim beam and such... Would he enjoy the crown royal maple whiskey? I was thinking of getting a bottle for him for xmas

I would guess no. I haven't had it, my wife had some at a friend's the other night and I don't think it would suit a bourbon drinker's tastes. I'd suggest a good mid-priced bourbon. I'm no expert on the subject, but have been enjoying 4 roses single barrel, though I think it's usually more than the $30 I got it for and Elmer T Lee, which has been suspended/discontinued since his death.

DisturbdChemist said:
It's dark, cold out outside so I'm going to go into the Abyss to warm up! Here I GO!

Nice. I should probably pick up another one.

Back