Keezer Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
I just recently completed my keezer with a two in collar with to taps coming out the front. I glued down the collar, sealed the edges with a silicone based product and pretty sure my lid has a good feel. I am thinking about lining the inside of the collar with Styrofoam but have not yet. However, the keezer is set a 44 with a Johnson controller. The keezer is plugged into it and the controller into the wall. It flips on every 20 minutes or so it seems like.

Is it turning on too much?

Is it bad for it to be basically pluged in and pulled out every few minutes?

At least I have 10 gal. of Oatmeal Stout regardless!

20 minutes seems like a very short time frame to be coming on, especially for 44F. How large & how old is your Keezer? Since your in Oahu is your room temp about 200 F at all times, LOL?

My keezer has the anti short cycle set at maximum and seems to stay off for an hour or more, never have timed it.

Brand New Magic Chef 7.2 from home depot. It is not all that hot right now, 78* highs and high 60's a night.

I lined the collar with polystyrene I got from boxes at the fruit shop. Its a few inches thick and the way my collar is constructed I was able to wedge it in nice and firm.

My collar is 24 inch high so I have a LOT of room not covered by the walls of the freezer but with a fan I keep the tap area nice and cold. Freezer comes on once every hour or so depending on temp and takes about 10-15 mins to cool down those few degrees.

And don't forget cold keeps cold cold. It will cycle less when its full of kegs holding liquid at a low temp that itself helps keep the keezer cold.

Berserker, my collar is attached to the freezer not the lid. Does it make a big difference?

Latest posts

Back