and now what...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrelsien

Reaction score
Okay so I have my first batch fermenting right now, already hooked on the HB. I have sat in front of that fermenter for 3 days and smelled a 1000 bubbles, read a ton of threads, and picked out my fantasy brew equipment.

Aside from getting another fermenter and starting a new batch(which i plan to do shortly) what else can an antsy brewer do to pass the time?

yep, it will be about a week before I get my 6 ga carboy, I'm going to brew a wheat beer so i can drink it soon because that first batch is a lager and will be months before I get to enjoy it. I think I will go read my fermenter stories and play classical music for it to enjoy.

pick up 2 more fermenters!
Or you could browse the grocery store for different things and wonder if they will ferment.
Or you could spend countless hours on this site.
Or you could brainstorm about 100 different future brewing related ideas in your head.
Or you could do a beer brewing/anti bad beer dance.
Or you could drink lots and lots of micro brews.

these are all daily routines for me.

When I first started out I was the same way, so I decided to go do some "research" for my next brew. There are so many different beer styles we can brew, i wanted to know which ones I liked and didn't. I did find a few I didn't like so decided I wouldn't brew them, although they could just have been bad examples so the "research" continues. Also, maybe try and find a Home Brew organization you can talk with in your area. After this brew you will undoubtedly figure out ways to make your brew day more stream lined so of course you will need to get more equipment like hop bags, make a Wort Chiller (if you havent already), shop online for brew kettles you can add a valve to. etc.... the list goes on. Just don't drink that beer before its ready :mug:

I'm going to brew a wheat beer so i can drink it soon because that first batch is a lager and will be months before I get to enjoy it.

Is this true? I hope so, as i am making a wheat beer right now....3 days in.

Make a starter so it will be ready when you get another fermenter and brew your next batch.
Make homemdae candi sugar or syrup.
Clean labels off bottles, although this is less then fun.
Design Labels for your homebrew
Find a note book for taking notes.
Read John Palmer's "How To Brew"

and yes, I think I am going to make a Counter-Flow-Chiller. I'm sure there is already a thread so I won't get into that here.

Back