keg connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
Can anyone attest to the company keg connection - have had some past good recs- looking for a few more before moving on system. thanks

Yes... Yes. I've done about 5 orders from them, they are out of San Marcos, Texas. My first order was about $500 worth, one of the workers/owners calls me and says he's gonna be picking up some Regulators in San Antonio and will happily drop off my order. He went about 10 miles out of his way to my home. Kegs were all pressure tested, clean and includes free o-rings. I ordered some custom fittings . They sent the wrong fittings a few times , a call to them , and they sent out the correct ones and let me keep the originals. Nice folks.

I will also add a thumbs up for them.
I ordered my kegarator set up from them and everything came assembled and ready to use.
It did take them a little while to ship my order but I think they were moving locations at the time I ordered.

Overall I had a great experience with them. I ordered a two faucet tower kit and a sankey conversion kit and some extra hose. They went ahead and installed the line side 1/4" mfl pieces from the sankey kit on the tower kit, saving me a step. They also asked me if I wanted them to install the extra hose. So basically they take it one step further than just throwing your order in a box - they check to see if there's anything they can assemble for you before it ships out.

Lots of people here, myself included have ordered from them. I ordered a 4 tap setup with a perlick faucet upgrade. Great guys to deal with overall, the only complaint I've seen on the boards is that they can sometimes be hard to get on the phone, understandable as I believe they are all college students and run this part-time.

Matt

I'll let you know tomorrow when I receive my kegging kit! (Double-body regulator, 4 kegs total). So far, so good.

yeah, most of time I leave a message, they always call back right away , even on the weekends. the guy that delivered was older than most college students. I think they run it out of there house, but were building a wharehouse.

i had very good service - one bad poppett on a keg that they sent out right away and all kegs were in very good shape.
the keggerator conversion kit worked fine
highly recommend them

i had very good service - one bad poppett on a keg that they sent out right away and all kegs were in very good shape.
the keggerator conversion kit worked fine
highly recommend them

I had a leaking poppet, and they sent me 2 new posts, and inny and an outty!

They're on the money~!

Highly recommend!

A+ from me too...I bought their single keg complete setup. Very nice, friendly service, great products, and fast shipping. I will buy from them again.

Dan

I really appreciate the large response to the question -- must admit alittle nervous prior to hearing college kids comment as I have sent several emails today to their customer service email and havent gotten a response yet. Must admit dont see that often in todays customer service frenzy but will certainly hold tight as the package I am ordering is by far the best I have found to date. I will call later today.

I really appreciate the large response to the question -- must admit alittle nervous prior to hearing college kids comment as I have sent several emails today to their customer service email and havent gotten a response yet. Must admit dont see that often in todays customer service frenzy but will certainly hold tight as the package I am ordering is by far the best I have found to date. I will call later today.

I emailed them and didn't get a response either. I called, left a message and didn't get a response either. I called again and someone answered. They were very helpful when I finally got in touch with someone and promptly shipped my order. I'm due to receive it tomorrow, so we'll see. They just seemed like the best price on the net for what I wanted, so that's why I gave them so many chances.;)

Appreciate all the good responses -- must say alittle relieved to read college student comment as I have sent 3 emails to customer service today and none have been read or returned. Sure hope this is not a bad omen as I really want there set up. Will try to call - hope better results there. thanks doc

Yep, I have had good luck with them also. Last month I ordered 4 more kegs when they had the free shipping promo and they showed up without the extra o-rings. I emailed them and never got a response. I called and left a message and Todd called me back right away. Said he was sorry and would get them out to me right away and would throw in an extra set for my troubles. He did say they have been having issues with the customer service email. Another satisfied customer here.

Steve :mug:

Got my kit from them today. So far, so good. Some of the kegs seem a bit used, but hey, that's what they are... used.

It's a nice addition to my newly cleaned out, dedicated brew closet! Won't need all those bottles anymore.
Keg1.jpg

And the kit... the 20 lb tank wasn't from them, it was purchased and filled locally.
Keg2.jpg

And the Bitter going into them this weekend... now I need another chest freezer for lagering.:cross: It never ends...
Keg3.jpg

Prices are good but service is pretty terrible IMO. things must of gotten worse. it's like pulling teeth to get them to respond to emails and answer and or return phone calls.

we have spend nearly $1k with them and want to do future business yet it's like we have to beg them to take our money. it should be the opposite.

I will be going elsewhere for future orders. regardless if I have to spend a few extra dollars.

Prices are good but service is pretty terrible IMO. things must of gotten worse. it's like pulling teeth to get them to respond to emails and answer and or return phone calls.

we have spend nearly $1k with them and want to do future business yet it's like we have to beg them to take our money. it should be the opposite.

I will be going elsewhere for future orders. regardless if I have to spend a few extra dollars.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I ordered from them over Christmas and was completely satisfied. Responded quickly to questions, returned phone calls by the end of the day, even tried to help me work out a problem on my end that really wasn't their fault/responsibility.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Again, sorry you had a poor experience.

I think they are just very busy and are a bit overwhelmed. They are great guys and do great work. I've always gotten a response, maybe not same-day...

I just did a forum search of KegConnection because I wanted to comment on how great there customer service was.

I sent an email out today because one of my perlick 575s has been leaking. I got a phone call within 10 minutes with some advice and an offer to send me new o-rings... He also mentioned that if what he told me didn't work he'd send an email out to Perlick to get some answers.

I was very impressed.

I ordered my keg kit from them and I have nothing but good things to say. I filled the first keg, made the connections and no issues. Filled the second keg about 2 weeks later no issues. About a month later I was ready for the third keg and one of the shut off valves on the splitter had a leak. I sent an email, with my phone #. Todd called and we went over the options. This was right at Christmas. They sent out the replacements and I had them in 2 days. I told him not to get in a hurry due to Christmas, that I was swapping the lines between two kegs to keep the pressure up. He took plenty of time with me to make sure he understood what the issue was and how he could fix it.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

I have bought from them twice. The last time was six more cornies and no problem. The first time I went to their "shop". It is just a small Morgan type building with a HUGE warehouse. Very helpful and was full of helpful information.

I just got my kegging setup from them. Regulator, CO2 tank, keg lines, perlick faucets, disconnects, shanks, and corny o-rings. They sent me a 2 gauge regulator, I only ordered a single gauge regulator and they sent me extra tap handles, All total about $10 worth of extras I didn't order. I don't know if they were out of stock of the stuff I ordered or if there was a mistake on pulling the order but I would like to believe that they just went ahead and upgraded my item, instead of telling me they were out of stock/backordering my item. Would deal with them again, and I am going to very soon. I need more faucets... and more shanks... and lines.... disconnects.. :D

I am glad everybody has been having such great success with them. I have been attempting to get a system customized since mid November, and have not been having any luck.

Before somebody says "call them", due to my work hours, I can't. Seeing as they are an online merchant, it should not be hard to get this done via email.

This is the way the attempted transaction has gone down.

I initially sent them an email the week before Thanksgiving looking for a simple modification to one of their stock kits having to do with the way the regulators are configured. In the email I asked for 2 quotes, one with Perlick faucets and the necessary parts, and another with party taps.

They quickly replied to make sure they understood the modification I was looking to have done. I replied back. This entire process took about an hour, and I was impressed. That is where the good impression ended.

6 weeks, and 4 follow up email messages from me finally resulted in a reply that stated "I don't know what you are talking about. I sent the quote back in November. Here it is again."

Unfortunately, the quote they sent only included one of the two prices I was looking for.

Now, I don't completely doubt that they sent the quote in November, but I find it hard to believe. Why did it take 6 weeks and 4 follow up messages for them to reply, and why did they not send me what I asked for? Before somebody asks me if it was eaten by my SPAM filter, the particular account that I used has no filtering so that was not the issue.

I reviewd their quote about 20 minutes after they finally sent it to me. I replied looking with a couple of questions, and now I am waiting again for an answer. It has been nearly 2 weeks, and not a word.

Needless to say, I am shopping for a different vendor to work with. Since the initial email, the vendor has offered a free shipping promotion on their website, and a very good holiday sale - neither of which I was able to take advantage of due to their lack of customer service.

Busy or not, college students or not, it does not matter. The basic rule of bussiness still applies. If they they don't take care of their future customers, somebody else will.

when I got my stuff from them I had a bent keg post,and I E-mailed them and got no reply. after reading here that I should call them I did and was sent a new one that day. from what they said I think they got some infected E-mails in the past. you cant just call on your lunch break?

any way,sorry to hear. I for one will spend more money with them. just thank god you didnt order from that Tom guy at keg something or the other.

i guess i'll post up my experience with KC as well.

prices - good

quality of ball lock kegs - average (VERY dirty on the outside, all o-rings needed replacing, one bent lid, two bad pressure release valves. all were sealed with very little pressure inside)

quality of other components - they were all new, so i guess perfect!

service - bad

order was shipped 7 working days later than promised.
emailed during that time - no response.
called them - they apologized and said that they had been swamped. i told them that "swamped" was no excuse. they said they would ship my order that same day. it actually shipped 3 working days later.

for what it's worth, i probably won't use them again.

I've ordered from them about a half dozen times, including a six pack of kegs. All my orders shipped quickly without problems.

I have made 3-4 orders with keg connections and have always been very satisfied!

I've been trying to put together an order for about a month. In that time, I've been able to swap an e-mail in which I asked a few questions and received a quote response without any answers. They didn't even acknowledge that I even asked any questions. Okay, so a phone call must be more efficient - and since I didn't leave my phone number in my e-mail, I decided to call them. If they call back in time, fine. In the mean time, who else do you guys order from, because, sometimes you have to "vote with your feet" (as in, "I'm going somewhere else!"). I'm glad they're doing so well, but turning away business?

By the way, has anyone else notice they're jacking up the price on some things in a rapid way? In the time I've been fooling around with this company, the price of what I'm trying to order has gone up roughly 15%.

Must be nice ...

I used KegCowboy. Jeff hooked me up on a 2 keg setup with dual tower and CO2. Answered all my questions before and after receiving it quickly. Better price and service then KegConnection.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I have to once again get keg connection credit. I just received my 3 keg fridge setup with thermostat. I spoke with them two weeks ago after memorial day and asked a bunch of questions and talked to them about shipping lead times. He said that over memorial weekend they had 100 orders placed that they had to fill and it may take a little longer than normal...Three days later I got tracking information and another 4 days later they equipment was at my door.

One week from order to at my doorstep and that was "longer than normal". These guys are amazing and if you are thinking of getting into kegging, they are a great resource. I will continue to shop with them, especially when I decide to take the plunge and get a nitro set up.

Thanks keg connection!

Most recent kegconnection thread, so I figured I'd throw up my experience, crossposted from reddit.com/r/homebrewing:

After being fed up with bottling over the last year, coupled with the pretty sweet sale that they were advertising, I bit the bullet and ordered a fridge kit from kegconnection. Order placed on 11/25.
Next business day they tell me that they're out of shanks but will have them by the next week. After asking they throw in some line cleaner and a bottle cap opener- sweet. Package ships out the 29th and arrives on 12/5.
Package arrives missing the co2 tank, faucet wrench, instructions, and were not at all clean. Not that the dirty thing is a huge problem but they are advertised as being sold clean. Between 12/5 and 12/8 I get no progress with email so I call to try and get this fixed for the next 3 days- but every time I do I'm given the run around (someone isn't there or they are on the line or out)
Finally on Tuesday 12/13 I get a hold of Anthony in shipping and he promises to send clean kegs and my co2 tank out that day, via 3 day select, so I get it on Friday- which is pretty sweet because I wanted to get some beer kegged and good for a party coming up soon.
Didn't get it out till the next day though, so I didn't actually get it until today. Still missing instructions.
tl;dr kegconnection.com has some of the best prices on equipment in all of the interw3bs, but in my case the service and product were pretty much lacking. Support your LHBS (unless they are dicks).

Back