Sam Adams 95 Reserve Triple Bock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueboar

Reaction score
Greetings.

As you can see this is my first post. I have a question for you experts. I've found almost a case of 1995 Reserve Sam Adams Triple Bock in my bar. It's been sitting in the dark and I totally forgot about it. There is no way I'll ever use this much so I'm wondering if there is a real demand for it and if so is this something that I'd post in the classif section? Thanks

Marc:mug:

Good luck. Triple bock was disgusting. Thick, flat, syrupy sweet. Apparently the old bottles didn't use good corks so it's likely that yours may have gone bad. You're not going to get premium prices for them, that's for sure.

Cheese are you trying to get him to send them to you for free?

Is that the stuff that came in the blue bottles?
I had one in 96 or 97, and if I recall it tasted like carbonated soy sauce (but not salty). Try one-maybe the 12 years aging will have mellowed the taste...

I bought a bottle of that back in 05. Pretty bad. Gave to a friend and he almost punched me because he thought I gave him soy sauce.

There are people that like it and might think it would get better with age. Might as well post in the classifieds...actually a mod might just move this there, I don't think it belongs here.

You could try selling "the bottle" on e-bay.

There is some interest...though you would likely have better luck trying to move it over on Ebay, ratebeer, beeradvocate or a site that specializes in commercial offerings.

...I too was not found of that stuff back when it came out. Maple syrup soy sauce is how I recall it.

Soy Sauce....I'm glad someone else had the same opinion that I did. I read all kinds of good reviews, and just thought that maybe my pallet wasn't distinguished enough for the stuff.

yup well its good to see my palate is as refined as the rest of you gents! hehe I thought it tasted like soy sauce as well.

would be interesting how to see how it has aged sense 95' but something tells me soy sauce might not age well! :)

Cheers,

The corks they used were utter crap, as I found out when I was moving and the top fell off when I was moving it to the box. Oh and chalk up another for the tasting like soy sauce camp.

yep those are bad....i thought soy sauce and turpentine

I've got a few 94 and 96.

I thought they were pretty good. A bit to intense to have more than once every few months. No carbonation, but I thought it tasted more like a sheri (sp?)
The corks seemed to seal pretty well on mine.

If I can remember correctly-S.A. didn't know "how long the stuff would age"-said it "would only get better as it sat".... I've only a bottle that I'm saving. try some and let us know. Shane

Goose Island here in Chicago makes some very-limited production beers that go for $$ (can't remember exactly, but it was in the $20 range per bottle). I tried one that was a variant of a bourbon barrel stout, and I imagine it was similar to the SA Tripple Bock - it was almost like syrup and tasted like burnt molasses. They recommended pairing it with a cigar, but I'd sooner use the cigar to get the taste of that stuff out of my mouth. At that price, I'm happy to have the undeveloped palate necessary to 'appreciate' it

I actually bought a bottle of this stuff about 2 weeks ago. They're $5 a bottle here, so I had been wanting one for quite a while, unable to validate such a price. I finally bought one and thought it tasted like rancid soy sauce.

I took it back to the liquor store to ask if this is what it's supposed to taste like. The girl at the counter was nice enough to give me another one, and we sampled it in the store. Disgusting. She gave me a free bottle of something else.

I'm actually really glad I hated it. Imagine how expensive it would be to buy that **** all the time.:confused:

Just checked the beer distributor near me-latest cost per case of S.A.Tripple--$149.00. One can make alot of beer with that kind of coin......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back