2007 Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True...but it sucks when theres a bet on the line, and he obviously hasnt been reseting his lineup at all..... Hence his record and I dont play him anytime soon!

The whole thing is weird, I checked the Co. website he has in his profile, and didn't see his name anywhere on it... Weirdness abounds.... :confused:

Ize

Ize said:
The whole thing is weird, I checked the Co. website he has in his profile, and didn't see his name anywhere on it... Weirdness abounds.... :confused:

Ize

That's annoying - I'm kicking ass! Well, everyone else is still playing, right?

looks like another big win for the Pale Ale crew and another loss for the Urban Achievers. I'm wondering if all of Fiery Swords boys packed it up. The Achievers were making it fun, but seem to have stopped playing.

Im still playing....two shotty weeks though....The last two weeks I lost, but then the following weeks, the team that beats me does ****ty....Still have plenty of time though. ....It would be nice to have 10 active players though

I'm hoping I'm still playing. When on this morning to see how I did last night and the site won't recognize my ID and password. Tried to reset my password and it tells me there is no email address associated with my ID. Tried to change the email address and I get the same message:mad: I sent them an email for help but I don't think if I have to reregister I'll be able to run my team. Fiery was our commish right? I know he's responded to us about his absence so if he reads this, please take a look at my ID in the league and see if you see anything wrong with it.

Thats odd.....well youre up 38-19 right now if it makes you feel any better.....Santana choked and only got you 3.5 pts....

Are you sure caps lock wasnt on or something like that that didnt let you log in?

Positive I wasn't doing anything wrong at log in, tried multiple times, keeps telling me I don't have a valid email for ID. It gives me the option to change my email for the ID but when I do I get the same message. Something is screwed up. I was fine last night as I checked it while watching the Yankee's game.

Get it worked out yet 2nd Street?

Tophe, I never feel comfortable when I'm ahead. I get the Triple Whammy this week, playing Cheese, and my home team has a stand with the Cubs and Brew-Crew...

Good thing I drink. :drunk:

Ize

Something had to be screwed with their site. It now recognizes my email address and let me request a new password. Still waiting to get it though.

Thank You Ize! It was a good day....didnt do anything too special. I'll wait for the weekend to really celebrate. Me and my buddy fish a bass tournament every Wed. and got skunked last night ....so that kind of sucked.

Should have took the day off today and went to the bar last night.......

Damn it - my first round draft pick might be out for the year and I lose a close game to freakin Bird - errr!! Well, I still am in first by 2 games thanks to the non-existent Urban Achievers.

By the way, a pretty HUGE dick move by Fiery and his friends by disappearing like this. Hope we don't need him to do anything to do the playoffs.

MAN, I can't believe I came back like that - I thought I was gonna get killed last week!

This still sucks compared to football, gotta say...

the_bird said:
MAN, I can't believe I came back like that - I thought I was gonna get killed last week!

This still sucks compared to football, gotta say...

Honestly, I like FBB much better, but baseball is my favorite sport and I know it much better than football. I also like it that there is something going on all week.

I watch it all the time, even though I don't monkey with my lineup...

:off:
However I got the shaft this weekend when my home PC gave me these two messages...

"Unmountable Boot Volume"

and

"Hard Drive Diagnostic - Fail Return Code 7"

Yeah, it's dead so I can't check it from home til I either replace the hard drive, or take a sledgehammer to it and become a Luddite and forgo all things digital...

Nah... ;) It truly pisses me off tho, this is the second drive that's failed on the damn thing and it's only 3 years old.

Ize

Whazzzuyppppp boyz....Playoffs here I come.....whos with me...Ize or Carlos??....Looks like its going to be me and carlos representing the east side!! This thread has been quiet for too long....you guys still tryin?? Unless theres a catastrophy tomorrow, looks like im sneakin in!!...sorry Ize....

Hope my tigers can make it it too... I can even afford a loss to wang tomorrow...

Fiery Sword said:
The playoff structure is set out in the 'League Home' tab under 'Rules'. Scroll to the bottom, follow the 'Official Rules' link. Kind of hidden, but that's our Constitution.

My interpretation for the playoff/1st'2nd'3d situation:
Winners of each division are playoff seeds 1 and 2, based upon W/L record. After that, the two best teams OVERALL (division nonwithstanding), based upon record, become the 3 and 4 seeds. First round or playoffs 1 plays 4, and 2 plays 3. Tiebreakers are detailed in the rules link above.

...Now let me go survey the damage. The telecommunication gods wanted me to trust my pre-draft rank order.

Is this bet still on?? Also This doesnt necessarily spellout who gets third.....or do the two losers from the first round of playoffs play each other for 3rd and 4th?

I'll be honest, fantasy baseball really hasn't been all that much fun. I still don't know jack about the players, and virtually all the teams have just about the same record. Fiery sucks, Pale Ale Hole has kicked ass, everyone else has been medicore. Blah.

which team are you dude...I didnt think you joined....I thought its been pretyt fun....Our division turned out to be a close race for the playoffs....IMGR8 is on an 11 game streak...

I'm Carlos Quintana. It's win one week, lose the next. Win two, lose two. I'm happy with my team, and I've been a bit better than average all season - it's just not as exciting as football, when you see every big play, when there's a big buildup all week. Same reasons that football's so much more popular than baseball, anyway.

I don't understand why I'm playing the first place team from the East? With the best record, you'd think I'd have Hops. Oh well, looks like I'm off to a bad start. Hopefully I heat up some this week.

I completely disagree with you Bird - I like this MUCH better than football. It's a shame we had so many dead-beats, but I enjoyed the season no matter what happens in the playoffs

Its because 1 plays 4, and 2 plays 3.....Youre the #1 seed and I was the #2. Its supposed to make for a better championship game.

Ive never done FFB, but I liked this season of FBB...I like the CBS site alot too. My bats need to heat up right now....Going to be a tough week for me I see....

I kind of know what you mean though bird....I started off hot, then fell behind...that was a close race at the end though. I had some help that last week though. I needed atleast you or ize to lose, and me to win.

I'm just getting around to mailing out my beer.
bird, I'll see and the Pale Hose was Rod but who is IMGR8T, I need to get addresses to mail out your winnings.PM me, Thanks

Another bump.....

Still trying to find out who IMGR8T is so I can send out his brew. Rod, I'm getting yours out today, I'll PM you the tracking number.

Come on bird, you know who everyone is, help a brother out or I won't bring yours next weekend.

Hey guys...I apologize for not sending out any beer.....I need addresses for the bird and IMGR8 if they want their beers, and also I cant remember what posisition each finished in......

I'm running a league this year, but it's going to be a little different. Since we had a huge loss in interest during the season and almost nobody paid up, next year will be a cash-only, pay-in-advance league.

We'll have some sort of weekly prize for the highest score, something for making the playoffs and the biggest prize for winning the whole thing.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

rdwj said:
I'm running a league this year, but it's going to be a little different. Since we had a huge loss in interest during the season and almost nobody paid up, next year will be a cash-only, pay-in-advance league.

We'll have some sort of weekly prize for the highest score, something for making the playoffs and the biggest prize for winning the whole thing.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

I'm in. I'll talk to you about it tonight.

Hey Rod, Im in again. I still owe brews , I cant remember what place the winners finished in though.

Tophe said:
Hey Rod, Im in again. I still owe brews , I cant remember what place the winners finished in though.

Here are the payouts...

1st place gets 3 bottles from all 9 participants
2nd place gets 2 from all
3d place gets 1 from all

These are 22 oz bottles. Bird was first, IMGR8 was second and I was third.

I'll start a new thread when I get the league started. I'll let you guys know

Did I seriously win this? I don't know jack about baseball. I do remember MAYBE getting beer from two or three people, I remember RDWJ was good but I'm not sure who else. Meh.

Latest posts

Back