The funny things you find on Craigslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's obviously vintage. So it must be worth twice as much as any other used 5 gal carboy. The made in mexico part is hilarious. Because we all know that all quality glass products come from mexico.

In a sense it is vintage because I believe Mexico no longer makes them. I heard the molds were sold and they are now produced in Italy.

It is still misleading.

I was in a homebrew shop the other day, and there was a sign up telling me that they were no longer making glass carboys in Mexico, and now they had to import them from Italy. So now they are vintage! Price of labor must be going up in Mexico!

(I hit refresh and see someone else has now pointed out the same factoid. Ah well.)

I keep seeing this one

5 Gallon Glass Water Jug Carboy with Stand - $50

iqfytf.jpg

And this one has been up for about 6 months, I keep having to "mark as read" on my mobile app... so annoying

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/clt/2200975785.html

Green GROLSCH Beer Bottle w/ Porcelain Stopper - $10 (Tewksbury, Ma)

Green GROLSCH Beer Bottle w/ Porcelain Stopper A great collector’s piece in bright rauchenfels emerald green that measures approximately 9 1/2” tall x 2 5/8” wide in excellent condition with no cracks or chips that I can find.(the bottle is empty) $10.00 firm located in Tewksbury, Ma please provide your tel # I will call you to set up a time
8,9/35

3ne3k73mc5Z05P35R0b26f426d781c1dd184e.jpg

Grolsh bottles? why oh why didn't I drink the brown bottled beer???

I have become a bottle whore, it gets worse every time I go get more beer. I have also been getting them at the bar...they cost the same as Grolsh and taste way...WAY...better IMO...

Swartz and Monk's Christmas Ale vs. Grolsh in green bottles...hmmm

I believe I am a major supporter of a lost German abbey/monastery someplace...they may get upset when I decide I have enough bottles...lol

Not to say there is anything wrong with the Grolsh bottles, I would use them if I could find someone other than the local crackheads on CL that think they are worth more or the same as full ones...:confused:

Back