Corn Sugar vs. Priming Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
I have always carbonated my beers with priming sugar that came in the kits I have bought. I recently brought and brewed two new batches from another store because I moved. I didn't really pay attention to carbonating element until now and I plan on bottling tonight. I was given 1 cup of corn sugar, which I have never used before. I plan on boiling water then dissolving the corn sugar in the water before adding it to my bottling bucket with 5 gallons of brew just like I would with priming sugar. Should I make and adjustments or am I good to go? I really don't want any caps to blow off from too much pressure.

you could always prime in the bottle as well...and you can use granulated sugar...not sure how it affects the taste since i'm new to it, but i used it for my first batch and it carbonated perfectly...

hey i was curious how using granulated sugar would be different...very naive question i know...but how does it affect the outcome of the brew...thanks

Back