Final questions regarding high pressure burners/fittings/parts before ordering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacks4

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking to finally place the order for the high pressure burners and parts needed for my erector brew stand. Looking at (2) BG14s with a very simple setup (burners > high pressure orifices > 90* elbow > needle valve > hose...)

I've read a TON of threads on here and think I have information overload.

Questions:

1. Do I need (or is it beneficial) to have an adjustable regulator? If yes, what about a gauge to see the pressure?

2. For 2 BG14s, do I need a 20 or 30 psi regulator if I want to be able to run them at the same time?

3. Is it OK to go with all soft hoses from propane tank to burners or is it really recommended to have a hard gas pipe under the stand that the hoses come off of?

4. Who sells a 3' or 4' propane hose (from to go from the gas pipe to the needle valves)? Everyone only seems to sell 5'+.

Thanks a lot and I apologize for duplicate questions but like I said, there is SO MUCH out there, it's sometimes hard to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have a ton of bookmarks to different people's setups and hope to one day convert this setup to an automated low pressure setup like jlandin's.

Cheers!

Steve

1. yes, but gauge is not necessary
2. dont know
3. soft hose is fine
4. dont know, does 1"-2" difference bust your design?

Back