asco valve substitutions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailblazer

Reaction score
just wondering but is their a cheaper valve that can get the same job as the asco red hat done for less money? Ive seen a few brass solenoid valves on ebay that said they were normaly closed and for gas, thats sounds like what i would need. does anyone have any experiance with those cheaper valves?

(still gaining brewery ideas)

The most common replacement solenoid valve that I've see used are the STC Normally Closed brass bodied valves. Lots of brutus builders use those valves, including many on HBT.

You can find them on ebay for under $50 per new.

I use the STC NC (model 2W160 I *think* - I'm at work) valves on my rig and they work great. I was able to get them on ebay for about $38 each from this seller : industrialsales719.

He may have more??

Wow, I just went on Ebay and the cheapest useable STC valve was $50. I am looking for solenoid valves for my automation project but $50 is expensive for brass valves. I think I will go with the Valves4Projects Stainless Steel Valves for $40 each (Not in their Ebay Store, I was quoted via email).

Wow, I just went on Ebay and the cheapest useable STC valve was $50. I am looking for solenoid valves for my automation project but $50 is expensive for brass valves. I think I will go with the Valves4Projects Stainless Steel Valves for $40 each (Not in their Ebay Store, I was quoted via email).

You won't regret it. Their valves are high quality and surpisingly, I think they are actually US made. I bought one of their brass valves and it's working just fine. Their customer service is very good too. I like their quick response to inquiries and knowledgeable tech support.

Back