Cleaning CO2 lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewbeliever

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I just build my kegerator and did not clean the CO2 lines... I carbed a beer from it and it tastes kinda sour... is this gonna be a problem? I thought it might be an infection, but I just read online that unclean CO2 lines can make your beer taste sour. Can anyone corroborate this?

If you cranked up the pressure to carb faster (as you were indicating in your other thread), it could be a little bite from the CO2. Sometimes when you use that method, the CO2 will need a few days to mellow out. That kinda defeats the purpose of the quick-carbing though, right? I use set it and forget it but try searching on CO2 bite or carbonic acid bite. In the end, I'd just wait a few days and see if it mellows.

If you cranked up the pressure to carb faster (as you were indicating in your other thread), it could be a little bite from the CO2. Sometimes when you use that method, the CO2 will need a few days to mellow out. That kinda defeats the purpose of the quick-carbing though, right? I use set it and forget it but try searching on CO2 bite or carbonic acid bite. In the end, I'd just wait a few days and see if it mellows.

Wow, awesome. I didn't know that! Thanks a lot for the info! I'll just let it sit for awhile and see what happens.

Back