WICKED score...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean from New Hampshire

Reaction score
SO, I'm stepping into all grain. I just went to home depot and purchased much of the plumbing hardware I needed to make a MLT from a cooler. All I needed was a cooler now.

Then it hit me. 6+ years ago my family sold their house and boxed and moved most of our possessions to our warehouse at work. Currently blocked in by 9 or 10 pallets. I vaguely remembered seeing a picnic cooler in there, so I climbed over all the pallets and....

Found THIS!

P1010062.JPG

All I had to do was clean it up, best of all.... it originally cost...

P1010063.JPG

Now is that a steal or what! Only problem is, the plumbing parts I bought where supposed to be for a 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler... guess I'l have to improvise!

Sean From NH

Good call. Free is always the best price! The parts should work just the same. Don' t worry about it. I use a rectangular cooler also and like it a lot. I suggest a braid instead of a manifold. I got much better effeciency.

Thanks! I figured everything should fit in there fine. Definitely went with a braided house, thankfully I bought a 20 inch piece. Beats copper at the price it is right now.

Sean From NH

Back