[Feeler] Any Interest in Digital Tap Lists?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could work on it but you would need a web server to process the php because unlike html where the code is interpreted by the browser it is the server reading the php. you could always install WAMP which is a great testing environment for windows computers
http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Ah yes, I used WAMP years ago when working on Wordpress websites. Thanks for that.

I have WAMP installed now and it seems to be working correctly. Can someone please PM me the details on how to access the RaspberryPints code repository so I can grab a copy of the code?

Not addressing any post in particular...

Remember, initial release is the day we want to get a basically functional project to the public. With the date only 3 weeks and 1 day out, features suggested at this point are very unlikely to be added to the initial release.

We're working on squeezing in versioning, patching, updating from within the software, etc. These are making for a very tight development window -- especially when you consider we all hold full-time jobs, have families, other priorities that vie for our time, and the fact that we'll be donating all of this to the public. [Edit: And we still have to make time for our own brew days, too!] Add in the fact that we're trying to make a user-friendly experience, with a completely polished website, accurate installation instructions, a comprehensive FAQ, a custom administrative panel, and many other features... and you can see that we're already under the gun.

While we appreciate the thought and energy put into feature requests, please hold on to any feature requests for the time being. The admin panel will contain a functionality where you can request features, built right in.

We'll re-visit feature requests and hammer out the next release milestones after we quash the initial release bugs.

Thanks for the support. This is a great community!

Kudos to all of you that are making this project happen. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Ordered my flow meters am anxsiously waiting for the release date.

Brian

I'll hold off trying to update the ABV thing then. The only reason I offered to do so was because you suggested doing so in post #476.

I agree that it's best to hold off on feature requests that may delay the project. Let me know if you want me to help with anything else.

Ok, I found something, not to add to the too much to the wish list, but apparently there is a beerXML interface. Since it looks like the intent of the beers table is to contain recipes, we could import them directly from Beer Smith.

http://www.beerxml.com/

I'll branch as you suggested above and see what you guys think. I know nothing about PHP, but no better way to learn than by having a problem.

I looked and there is a Promash converter, but according to the software poll over in brewing software the majority of folks here use Beer Smith, and Promash's release notes indicate it hasn't been updated since 2003. And the file format is proprietary so it is a much tougher problem to crack =).

I really like this idea. Being able to export from Beersmith and import to RasberryPints would save a lot of typing, and a lot of people have Beersmith already.

So question

Up top where you put your brewery name. Will u be able to put a graphic or will it be text only. I made a logo with my brewery name in the logo and would like that on it as well. Is that possible???:rockin:

This thread is turning into a juggernaut -- almost 500 posts in!

Pretty certain we have determined if there's interest. Will start a new thread regarding initial release date and details.

Mods, can this thread be locked?

Obviously a good topic. Not one to close a thread unless absolutely necessary for the good of the sight, I will opt to let this fade on its own. Thre may still be some useful life in this thread. :mug:

This thread is turning into a juggernaut -- almost 500 posts in!

Pretty certain we have determined if there's interest. Will start a new thread regarding initial release date and details.

Mods, can this thread be locked?

Please don't forget to post a link to the new tread so we can all continue to follow the progress and get updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A cursory Google search of the site didn't turn up many threads relating to digital tap lists. In fact, only one thread I can find.

I'm currently finishing up a digital taplist. Let's cut to the chase, mmkay. I received the code on which I based my version via a GNU Share-a-Like license. I'm willing to pass on all of my source code and updated graphics under the same license (free for non-commercial or with attribution).

I'm willing to create a step-by-step tutorial from unboxing hardware to up and running, written to be Marine-proof (or even drunken HBTer-proof!). That said, I'm only going to put my time towards such a massive project if it's something that the community here wants.

s0crd8i.jpg

4HEayIO.png

p5D1niA.jpg

y2ZSFpg.jpg

Would anybody here be interested in something like this for their home? Please let me know either by Liking this post, replying, or both.

UPDATE: Made plenty of tweaks since posting the screenshot above. I'm making tens or hundreds of edits a day to the code right now. So instead of updating the screenshot manually, I just made the Pi web-facing and forwarded the ports in my local network.

"What does that mean?!" you say. It means you can check out a live version: http://thadius856.servebeer.com/

Things may look weird at times, as you're seeing my behind-the-scenes edits in real time.

That set up looks amazing. Id be interested! A mate & I have been trying to set up Raspberry Pints on a RPi 3 running stretch & we are having some issues with getting Arduino to load (per the instructions) as well as database access \ permissions (I must admit we are pretty clueless in both regards). If you had a setup we could use to fast-track that it'd be great.

P.S. Love the tap handles idea!

Tony

That set up looks amazing. Id be interested! A mate & I have been trying to set up Raspberry Pints on a RPi 3 running stretch & we are having some issues with getting Arduino to load (per the instructions) as well as database access \ permissions (I must admit we are pretty clueless in both regards). If you had a setup we could use to fast-track that it'd be great.

P.S. Love the tap handles idea!

Tony
Haha... I almost replied asking if you tried a cursory search for raspberry pints... Since this looked like a rip-off of rpints. Then I realized this thread is 6-7 years old and is rpints origin story

Haha... I almost replied asking if you tried a cursory search for raspberry pints... Since this looked like a rip-off of rpints. Then I realized this thread is 6-7 years old and is rpints origin story
Haha I didn’t realise that post was that old myself, all installed now, just struggling with getting flow meter to work... don’t suppose you have any ideas or helpful links to get the flow meters working?

Haha I didn’t realise that post was that old myself, all installed now, just struggling with getting flow meter to work... don’t suppose you have any ideas or helpful links to get the flow meters working?
The main thread for rpints is now:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/thread...taplist-solution.487694/page-152#post-8885240
A lot of good info in the thread.

RandR is the main guy now. They are currently helping someone who is having problems with the flometers. I use the Plaato keg scales with it, so i do t have any experience with the flometers.

Back