Not mine but DIY worthy....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Anyways my father in-law is a braumeister in Germany, currently he designs and builds brewing setups for, well breweries and soft drink plants. The company is called Dohler Engineering.

He has a few hundred acres on a mountain side in Poland (long story) where he has a "summer home" and his personal brewery, he sent me few pics awhile ago of his set up, figured i'd share them here.

The summer home on the mountain.

P1010020.jpg

The Brewery.....

Mashtun and Kettle.

Thebrewery1.jpg

Thebrewery3.jpg

He does 100 liter batches so about 26 gallons split between two 50 liter kegs... Though he plans on tripling that.

thebrewery2.jpg

From what I understand it is all steam forced? or maybe steam heated, I'll have to clarify that.

Figured you guys would appreciate it.

Here ya go john,

germany2007046.jpg

Outback.jpg

How he gets up the mountain, he uses horses the rest of the time, its an old Russian UAZ469

IVAN-oldRussianUAZ469.jpg

The man has no running water for the toilet, but has it in his brewery.....

Norunningwaterherebutplentyinthe-1.jpg

Whiskey® said:
The man has no running water for the toilet, but has it in his brewery.....
Gotta respect a man that has his priorities in order.

When I saw the first pic, I half expected to see some Hobbits running around. :D

Just looking at that hillside makes me want to lay down in the sun and take a nap...

I don't know what's more beautiful, the brewery or the property. If I had to choose, I'd take the property, hands down.

Is he using the kegs for the fermentation in that last picture? it looks like they are mounted horizontally with a dump valve on the bottom. There's been some talk about the curve of the bottom not being steep enough to harvest yeast but would his setup allow for harvesting? I'm imagining it would settle into a strip down the middle. So I'm not sure how effective the dump valve would be.

mattreba said:
Is he using the kegs for the fermentation in that last picture? it looks like they are mounted horizontally with a dump valve on the bottom. There's been some talk about the curve of the bottom not being steep enough to harvest yeast but would his setup allow for harvesting? I'm imagining it would settle into a strip down the middle. So I'm not sure how effective the dump valve would be.

As far as I know he uses one of the two conicals for fermentation, and the kegs for conditioning. I'll check with him next time he calls. I'll see maybe if he can get some pics of his brewery in action.

Awesome pictures, I've been brewing in the garage and letting it ferment under tables behind me.

That atmosphere has to be inspiring!

(nice sov truck too!)

It has been awhile since I've seen Brewpastor post, but if he's still on the forum that system is likely to make even him say............NICE.

Great pictures and let your father-in-law know there are a lot of interested parties here that would like to see it in action.

So I figured I would revive this thread.

This spring I was able to spend a couple of weeks in Germany and Poland visiting family. I was able to do a brewing session with my father in law on his new and improved system. It is beyond sweet. Steam fired all automated and pretty much closed system. I thought I had taken more pictures during the actual session but I guess not.

Kettle 1
IMG_7971.jpg

Kettle 2
IMG_7973.jpg

Control board
IMG_7974.jpg

Kettle row w/piping (steam/pumping/vents)
IMG_7975.jpg

Better pic of kettle 1
IMG_7976.jpg

Lagering.
IMG_7983.jpg

Fermentation Chamber
IMG_7983.jpg

Spunding valve
IMG_7984.jpg

Taking a sample from Conical.
IMG_7985.jpg

Kettle 2/control/storage