How many Carboys do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 6 gallon buckets, 2 6.5 gallon glass carboys (used less and less) 4 stainless steel pots.
WHAT I'd like to have: Digital hydrometer !

5 x 13 gal demijohns
3 x 6 gal
2 x 7 gal buckets
and a couple of key kegs with the lining removed that I find rather good for fermenting stuff in them

1 6.5 gallon carboy
3. 5 gallon carboys
4. buckets.

The 5 gallon carboys very rarely see any use. The other five fermenters are usually full.

I own four 6gal better bottles. About once a month, I buy another one. what's interesting is, as you buy more, you brew more. Go figure, right? LOL

I have 6 - 6 gallon better bottles. I'd probably have more, but that's all that fit in my ferm chamber.

(3) 7.5 gallon buckets
(3) 6 gallon carboys
(4) 5.5 gallon carboys

I think I need more...

I have two glass 5 gallon carboys that I got at a garage sale for 5 dollars a piece. I'd check around on Craigslist first, you may find a steal like I did!

I have three 7.5 gallon glass (free) and one 5 gallon ($5 on CL). None have seen any action to date. All the horror stories on here have me thinking. So far all fermenting has been in my 7.5 gallon plastic bucket.

Some day, I'll use those suckers.

I have three 7.5 gallon glass (free) and one 5 gallon ($5 on CL). None have seen any action to date. All the horror stories on here have me thinking. So far all fermenting has been in my 7.5 gallon plastic bucket.

Some day, I'll use those suckers.

As long as your not moving them around much (full) they are pretty safe. The brewhauler straps and milk crates also help. I slipped in the shower a couple of times, damn near killed myself! Still showering, but have my life alert in a plastic baggie.:rockin:

I have 12 glass carboys which are pretty much always full hehe. Just picked up 200+lb of grain, sack of pils, 2 sacks of pale 2 row, sack and a half of wheat, sack of flaked wheat and a sack of munich and a huge variety of specialty malts :) Sooo they get filled quite frequently

1x 6.5 gallon glass, 1x 5 gallon glass, 1x 5 gallon Better Bottle, and thanks to BrownDog, I'll be the proud owner of 2x 6 gallon Better Bottles (for $28 shipped!).

So 5 total. Long-term souring, here we come!

Have thought about the milk crate thing and like that idea, but not sure if the 7.5's will fit in a milk crate. When I fisrt got them, I filled one of the 7.5s up and it was HEAVY. Granted I would only have 5 gallons in it. My main issue is lack of time. I brew with a friend and we get together every 3 to 4 weeks for brewing. Once we can ramp up production definately plan on using the carboys. Figure the 7.5's will be great primaries.

Didn't count barrels
2-55gal Bufflo Trace Bourbon
1-3gal Whisky

One more 55gal Bufflo trace well Egale Rare in two months, and in the middle of building two 45gal total volume Conical fermenters

at least 10... I had one... I picked up a few from people who got a beer making kit for X-mas and never brewed again and I bought a guy's system and he had 6... I am swimming in them and I don't really use them execpt for meade... something I have not made in two years

I've got:

3 x 6.5 gallon
1 x 6 gallon
3 x 5 gallon
3 x 3 gallon

All glass, mixture of italian and mexican made.

Back