Blichmann Draining Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtus_

I say, lookey here son...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 10 gallon Boilermaker and it does not drain once the liquid level drops below the dip tube junction with the pot (about 2 gallons left). Obviously, I'm losing suction because if I tip the pot towards the dip tube, flow resumes. I've re set the dip tube until it "clicks" a couple of times, but no help. I'm thinking I need a new o-ring. Anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks.

You need to have some silicone hose on the nipple of the valve that is long enough to maintain the siphon. The kettle has to be high enough as well.

Two feet of 1/2" hose should be long enough and the end will hang down low enough for a siphon.

Works for me and my 20 gallon Bichmann.

Spring for a pump. The two best investments I've made in my system are a pump and the blichmann plate chiller. Game changers.

Spring for a pump. The two best investments I've made in my system are a pump and the blichmann plate chiller. Game changers.

Waste of money if he doesn't need a pump. A few dollars of 1/2" tubing creates a siphon on my 10G boilermaker.

Back