MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in a bag of Briess 2 Row, 8 lbs of PBW and a gallon of Star San whenever you get around to placing your next order. I am in Prince/William Stafford area and would be willing to pick up from another local or pick up for another local if need be.

Not sure where you stand on next order status, but I would like a bag of Vienna and Wheat. Will be splitting both with PSBuckland.

Stefin,

You got a gallon of iodophor laying around the house you want to part with? What'd you refer to by BI?

Gotcha....where are you in this newest grain buy round? I'm thinking of getting some fruit puree

Here is the recipe I used for the Belgian IPA. I had read that WY1214 was not a good choice for Belgian IPAs, but after touring Flying Dog recently and talking to some of their employees, they described their El Diablo yeast (Raging *****) and it sounded similar to 1214 so I gave it a shot, aiming for something between a Raging ***** and Houblon Chouffe. I think it worked out pretty well.

12lb Am. 2 Row
1lb Aromatic
.5lb CaraPils
.5lb Dextrose
.25lb Belgian Biscuit
.2lb Acid Malt
30 IBUs Warrior at 60 min
30 IBUs Columbus at 60 min
1.5oz Saaz at 5min
2oz Amarillo Dry Hop in the keg
Wyeast 1214 - 1L starter

Mashed for 75 mins at about 149. OG 1.068, FG 1.014. Fermented pretty low, around 64 degrees. I have been dabbling in water chemistry lately and added a little sulfate and calcium chloride (and the acid malt) as well to help with the mash ph and give the hops a little more presence.

Thanks Jason, nice recipe. I usually add CaCl to my mash and sparge water to ensure 50ppm of Ca when brewing Belgians, I find that works quite well

I PMed Claphamsa and he has yet to get back to me but for you all too see... I'll take a bag of 2 Row. If anyone wants to split a bag of MO I would be good for that as well. How does payment work? Pay now or when we get 42 bags?

Just got a big bonus for Q4 so I am buying myself a grain mill. I guess it's about time to bite the bullet and start buying in bulk. Exactly what do you guys use to store grains? Do the big 13 Gal or so bins at Target or Wallyworld suffice or do I need something more airtight? I'm slightly concerned about this stuff laying around my Baltimore Rowhouse basement. Does anyone have any amounts of wheat (5-10 lbs) they have lying about or would like to split with me?

Anyway put me down for one sack of 2-row.

I bought some of those containers from WM that are meant to hold dog food. A sack of grain fits perfectly and they have lids that snap closed tight enough to keep out the stink bugs. The wheels on them are junk, but sorta work.

I bought some of those containers from WM that are meant to hold dog food. A sack of grain fits perfectly and they have lids that snap closed tight enough to keep out the stink bugs. The wheels on them are junk, but sorta work.

Yep, I'm using a dog food holder as well, works great.

I PMed Claphamsa and he has yet to get back to me but for you all too see... I'll take a bag of 2 Row. If anyone wants to split a bag of MO I would be good for that as well. How does payment work? Pay now or when we get 42 bags?

Did a buy on here last year, we'll all pay when the pallet is full.

ill update and post a count tonight.

and your right, you can never count just on the thread, as people contact me outside (although i discourage this)

Hi all
I am new to the hobby and about to finish my biab build. This will quickly be followed by a elec herms setup. I would like to get into a group buy, but don't know if i'll be ready to buy in bulk just yet.

How often do you guys put in an order? Where do I find a price list.

Thanks
Bn

Price list - there's a link in the first post of this thread.
How often an order is placed? - as soon as a pallet is filled. :D But seriously, seems to be every 2 months or so.

Just got a big bonus for Q4 so I am buying myself a grain mill. I guess it's about time to bite the bullet and start buying in bulk. Exactly what do you guys use to store grains? Do the big 13 Gal or so bins at Target or Wallyworld suffice or do I need something more airtight? I'm slightly concerned about this stuff laying around my Baltimore Rowhouse basement. Does anyone have any amounts of wheat (5-10 lbs) they have lying about or would like to split with me?

Anyway put me down for one sack of 2-row.

I got wheat, just remind me when you get here.

Back